Installing Gauges Into An Fg

Rancidpunx

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 3d

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wire I can tap into for Lighting my gauges in an FG?

From my understanding the B series had access to a button for ?foggies? that you could take the 12v dash lighting from, but where can I get it from on an FG?

Im taking 12v ignition power from the Ciggy lighter (blue wire), I hope that's right but where do you think a good earth connection is whilst we are here?

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

I am in the same boat - I will probably just use the cig +12v inline with a potentiometer. Then ill just manually adjust to the dim level because I don't really change the brightness very often.

As for the Negative - I personally will just be using the same as the cig lighter (can't see any problems doing so).

• Donating Members

Yeah ive used the ciggy lighter for power and earth just wondered if there was anywhere better. Ive taken the shroud off from around the steering column but cant distinguish whats what. Dont really want to be cutting things without a heads up especially with the airbag.

May just have to run a cable from the headlight wiring direct.

• Donating Members

If it was $100 then that's fine, but everyones posts on gauge installs are $400-$500, someone else had a quote of $750.

Ive got them in and the 3 power cables and 3 lighting cables connected into single wires. Will see if theres someone local that can just hook up to a 12v lighting circuit.

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 1m 4d

As I said, $100 if you install guages/pod/senders & they just have to run wires. $750 would have been for mounting everything, wiring up, lunch break & then a lap dance :roflmbo:

• Donating Members

Just tried the lights wired into the power so lights are on all the time with ignition, dont think its to bad so may just leave it like that.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

bud I just wired them in the same so when acc is on so is the lights couldnt be arsed finding the light cct cable