Modding Your Fg Xr6 Turbo

Dillz

353 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 2d

great write up, I'm booked in next Thurs for tune, injectors, 4" dump and 100cpsi cat w/ my growler already installed im hoping to get around the 300rwkw mark.

J.d had just over 300 with those mods minus the 4" dump.

But yer stock cooler will be right on its limits. Depends on your tuner also. He might back it off a bit because of intake temps. Manuals also read a bit more than auto's.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

What did u pay for your g6 if u don't mind me askin , I don't wanna spend more than 33k for a car coz I wanna make sure I have money to boost it up straight away..

41 mate, but I've seen them down to 36 these days. XRT's will always be cheaper though if 33's your budget.

• Member For: 13y 4m 27d

Hi Dillz,

Easy to follow guide for a power up. Good work. You didn't mention an air filter/cold air induction set up change or upgrade as part of the "The more fuel and air you can safely force into an engine the more power you will make".

The standard filter is very restrictive. I have fitted a Growler filter kit with it's own casing or box and a Big Mouth air intake that made a noticable increase to car performance all on it's own after roughly 500km when the factory C.P.U. adjusted itself to the added air flow. Plus the turbo "noises" increased on their own. The car ran better with the Growler although it's hard to notice a difference in fuel economy that the product states, probably the way I drive.

I bought it new thru e-bay for under $500- and fitted myself. The casing does require triming of the plastic to make it fit behind the passenger headlight but fitting the whole assembly took about an hour from removing the factory pod to starting the car with the new equipment fitted.

Growler web site

Hope everyone finds this helpful,

Cheers,

Shane

post-43027-0-52132500-1316424897_thumb.j

post-43027-0-60306000-1316424929_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Fair enough, a K&N filter and a couple of holes drilled in the bottom of your stock airbox will work as well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Fair enough, a K&N filter and a couple of holes drilled in the bottom of your stock airbox will work as well.

I had my K&N installed before I picked my newie up so I cant say if theres a difference or not. What is the reason for drilling the holes? Dunno if I wanna take my Bosch to my new ride.

• Donating Members

Just more airflow, I did mine last week definitely more noise. Don't think much difference to anything else though, with a tune it would but I think.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Rookie question.. But just to confirm so I don't screw up the ordering process:

Cat needs to be 3.5" inlet/outlet? (Then whatever I want in body 4 or 5")

And

FG Injectors are 3/4 length injectors?

Edited by Brenno85

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 23d

hey just wondering how many people out there have had trouble with the valve springs on the fg I noticed it said that some are ok

what are my chances of getting lucky?