What Problems Have You Had?

Anthony-XR6T

• Member For: 21y 5m 7d
Wheels had the same problem after spirited driving.

I wouldn't call driving 200m up the street spirited driving. However it was stinking hot and the car had spent most of the day in the sun. :cry:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m

Problems so far:

1. Shuddering barkes (fixed - refer to other thread)

2. Drivers side electric window faulty (fixed)

3. Cup holder clip (fixed - apparently a common problem)

4. Paint defects (cracking) on the crease lines of the rear spoiler (being fixed today!)

Only one that concerns me is #1. I requested Ford to replace the discs which they did.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

It seems like the common problems so far are:

- Brake rotors warping

- Cup Holder

- Power Seat Switch

- Hood/Bonnet Release

- Drivetrain Shunt

- High Oil Temp problem (Ford known fix)

Any I may have missed?

Maybe it might be worth us having a permanent list of common problems listed somewhere that the moderators can add to when they are reported by more than one member. May be worth while for warranty issues.

Cheers

• Member For: 21y 5m 7d

Just got my car back. They think that it was a throttle problem. Flashed the code into the ECU. Said that it didn't like it for some reason? Said keep an eye on it for the next week or so, but it should be ok. I'm not very tech minded, but how airy fairy is that sort of an explanation? :unsure:

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

Just noticed the bolt screw that screws on the cover for the computer is unscrewing itself.. These are the screws that are meant to be put in a way that only a magician can take them out..

I always said the XR6T was magic and folks there you have it...

Westpoint.. Im on my way back...

Also, paint on the inner door is cracking.. So prepare yourselves there too...

Other things noticed were the placing of the Alarm above the fire proofing made the siren faulty as the heat was too much for it, that was replaced and relocated today, as well as the heater hose had to be tied away from the fire proofing too as that was getting faaaaarken hot too.. so hot that it was shaking after you tirned the car off..

Guest 56Mainline
  • Guests
XR6na Posted on Jan 28 2003, 03:29 PM

Maybe it might be worth us having a permanent list of common problems listed somewhere that the moderators can add to when they are reported by more than one member. May be worth while for warranty issues.

I agree...a common faults list may be helpful for those who obtain their vehicles in the future, as a reference of things to look for.

Otherwise, print this topic for future reference...

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

I'm happy to be a "guinea pig" for a few issues like the ones that have been identified by members so far, as I understand the BA is a first model and is bound to have some teething problems.

I think a list of issues would be benificial for us to verify against our cars to ensure we get the problems/issues corrected whilst under warranty.

As CJF077 pointed out, there are issues that are/will be across the range.

Cheers

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 1d

So called "common" faults like these should NOT occur IMO. Before the cars are put into production they are tested in all manner of conditions for thousands of kilometres, so how come we are finding these faults after such a relatively short time of ownership. Not good enough for any car, regardless of make or model.

A lot of cars carry common faults throughout the model range, not just Series I. Look at xD-XF outer door handles for a prime example. Another example (not meaning to put sh*t on Expensive Daewoo here but...) is the Gen III V8 with the oil problems. Why aren't these problems acknowledged and fixed?