What Problems Have You Had?

Anthony-XR6T

• Member For: 21y 2m 13d

Guys,

Thought I would fill you in on a couple of problems I picked up on my vehicle:

* Leather seat - several prominent marks on the right shoulder of the back right passenger seat. These marks were also in line with two rough marks on the steel frame near the rear door. I did not pick up this until I opened the rear right passenger seat (I checked the leather via the left passenger seat when I picked up the car). Lesson to be learnt - OPEN ALL DOORS OF THE VEHICLE AND CHECK FOR MARKS EITHER ON THE SEATS or on the metal near the door. My dealer is fixing the problem, but other dealers may not be so willing.

* ICC Centre Screen (for Premium Sound option) - two significant scratch marks on the ICC Screen. Couldn't really see them until you have no display showing. I thought I saw something when I picked up the car, but it was hard to tell as the car was in a position where there was a shadow line across the screen. Lesson to be learnt - CHECK THE ICC SCREEN WHEN YOU PICK UP THE CAR. The whole ICC section has to be replaced, not just the screen, so a costly operation to replace.

I'm lucky that because my company is a huge fleet customer of the dealer, there was no issue fixing these problems. The average Joe Blow from the street might have more difficulty.

I hope this helps.

ST

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GIANT
  • Guests

thought ppl might like to know about the bad as well as the good!

things that are not right!

1/ I have some sort of a whine (diff likely) at right on 100kph, high pitched, only there while coasting

2/ coolant bottle has gone very brown and coolant has gone yellow/brown

(dealer flushed tuesday also told me not to worry about the coolant tank with no explanation as to why it has done it, when my xr8 is the same as the day I bought it)

3/ vehicle has light shimy hole car (tsilshaft to be balanced when they get machine from melbourne)

4/ stall convertor is making noises on kick down sometimes (to be replaced by dealer shortly )

5/ clip melted off coolant pipe to turbo. the day after delivery

6/ the car appears to go better sometimes more than other times

6/ back fired on start up, more smoke than was funny (spent next 3/4 of an hour removing pipes to refit the the one that had come off)

7/ today it has developed water leak behind water pump, pipe o'ring apparently!! (to be repaired tomorrow by dealer)

I love the car, but some of these things a just ridiculous! I have had quite a few new cars and on most I havent lifted the bonnet beside an intial check! this one I would like to be lifting the bonnet to admire the

engine not to work on it at 3000klm's!!!

at this rate wrx's have nothing to worry about, because I'll be on the side of the road fixing the damn thing.

russell

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d
5/ clip melted off coolant pipe to turbo. the day after delivery

6/ the car appears to go better sometimes more than other times

I think this clip is supposed to be remove during Pre Delivery checks before you pick the car up.

The varying performance I think is to do with the weather ie. heat makes your car slower, cool night air is the best.

All the other problems you have listed seem to be common faults with the XR6Ts that many other members on here have experienced. Except the torque converter one, I haven't heard of that problem before.

I agree it is unacceptable for a new $50,000 car to have all these problems. This is the first new car I have ever had but at work we've had $12,990 Hyundai Excel that have had fewer problems.

Guest GIANT
  • Guests

a new diff has been ordered for it by dealer today.

new coolant tank went on todaywith system flushed again,

o'ring behind water pump on coolant pipe has been replaced and sealed, I think they would have had quite a few items to do this job!

stall convertor noise they want to let develop!!

I must say the dealer has bent over backwards and well done to them!!

got a phone call from them while they had the xr6t today asking if I can bring the xr8 back as there is a fuel tank recall that is mandatory, this has just been released they tell me! si picked up oine and dropped the other one off. :(

to ppl looking to buy fords, I have these faults and because of the service I have recieved I would have still bought these cars knowing the faults.

I hope these are just teething problems

russell

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d

GIANT> Really glad your dealer is doing his best to help - it certainly makes it easier when these problems occur, which they always will with a new car, to know they will get it fixed for you .

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 5d

GIANT> mine is an auto and also has the diff 'whine' at 100 kph. Did the dealer give you much grief before agreeing to replace? Another problem I am having is the '1st gear taxi auto whine' which has been common in Falcons for years. Anyone else got that one?? :angry:

Alan.

Guest GIANT
  • Guests

axw01

I dropped the car off for coolant system flush and told them to look at it then! when I picked the car up they told me it was wind noise, to which I was quite amused as I am a mechanic with my own business.

I decided to let it go for a week or so because I knew I would be back there in a few days for my other car which needed its first service.

I didnt have to wait that long because the next day I had acoolant leak from behind the water pump from an o'ring, so I took it back and while I was there I spoke to the service manager to organize someone to go for a drive with me, went about two klm's up the road and was told they would order a new diff which would be fitted in about two weeks.

they were very good about it!

my only advice is to not get upset or abusive but to state facts and request explanations for reasons why they will not fix something and get them to put it in writing!!

to make point of this, my coolant tank had turned brown and when I initially got them to look at it they stated they would flush the cooling system and check the tank I recieved a phone call from the dealer that afternoon stating that the coolant had been replaced but the bottle was still in useable order and was not warranty. I told them that's fine but please put that in writing for me and an explanation as to why it happened as this has not happened on my other falcon, turned up to pick up the car and what do you know a new coolant tank had been fitted!! :D

moral of the story is play the same game, politely

cheers russell

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 5d

Giant

Thanks. They know me pretty well at my dealer due to brake issues (surprise, surprise.... 2 sets of front rotors so far). It is always best to at least start out being polite. Appreciate your advices.

Alan.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d

Hey AXW01,

man what do you think you're driving? Maybe you should be driving an XW if you can't treat your new baby better than that. Ease up off the brakes a bit you hoon! You now there are guys everywhere driving Holden's who'd cut off their "gonads" to drive what you've got. he he

On a serious note, how's ya been Turbo Al? sounds like another set of rotors huh.

Regards Turbo Scotty

Guest robzzo
  • Guests

had the car one week...love it to bits...no problems yet ecxept scratch on right fron skirt, dealer paying to fix that. So impressed with Ford, they've definitely got the package together this time...love this XR6T