What Problems Have You Had?

Anthony-XR6T

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 4m 14d
Thought I might start a topic on common problems people are having with their XR6T.

Just came back from the NSW south coast with shuddering brakes. I am pissed off that this has happened with 4000km on the clock. I will be booking it in to service this week and I will see what they have to say about it.

Another problem I have is the window control module on the drivers door has popped out, the locking clip is broken and will not go back in. Intermittently when I unlock the car the drivers windows goes down- this may be related to the module?

When travelling at 120-140km/h I occasionally hear a high pitch noise (sounds like a crook bearing in a fan). The noise is constant pitch and does not vary with engine revs. It will dissapear if I slow down or speed up beyond 140km/h.

Alternator whine can be heard through the stereo when playing DVD's. This noise cannot be heard through the headphones. Ford are looking into a solution but as yet do not have one.

Had a noisy heat shield at 500km.. fixed.

What problems have you had?

My God, that's exactly the same as mine...even down to traveling up from the south coast.... :lol: I could have easily written that! (except for the power window thing)

"High pitch noise" - Yes it sounded like a piece of plastic was hanging off the car making a whistle sound

Alternator whine - Mine does this with the stereo off!

Guest Race Rubber
  • Guests

Sorry to say but I have got no complaints whatsoever about mine.

Don't think that that just because it 's a series 1 you can expect a few problems.

My ute was the very first one built and as I say have not had one problem.

• Member For: 21y 5m 6d

Wife went to take car to work, the temp was touching 40c. She said she got around the corner lost all power and engine light came on. She came straight back home at a crawl. I took the car out 5 min later and had no probs.? Don't know what happened or why? Other than that nothing else has happened. Going in for my first service today and will ask about it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

Sounds like it might be the oil temperature problem.

If you haven't had the updated software flashed into your computer, the dealer should do it at the 3000km service.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 1d
only complaint...drinkcup holder flap ( lid) whatever you call it?...very flimsey...Broken hinge 1st hour!

Mine did that too, before I had even picked the car up from dealer. It mysteriously seems to have fixed itself now though!

cvanxr - my car did same thing on weekend...

• Member For: 21y 5m 6d
cvanxr - my car did same thing on weekend...

Just dropped my car off. (3000km service) They said they had to flash a code into it and that should stop it from happening again.

Guest SA Tickford
  • Guests

Interesting, I might have to ring my dealer I think. I had a loss of power driving my car once and told htem about it and htey said they hadnt heard of it and didnt know what was causing it. Does anyone know anymore about this code?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

Wheels magazine have quoted it in a couple of stories.

It alters the temp that the oil temp shuts down the XR6T.

Wheels had the same problem after spirited driving.

I think it is in the Car Of The Year Article.