Extra Insurance Cover - Special Events

Fitzy1201

• Member For: 12y 10m 17d

Hey guys, just wondering, for all you who have been to Powercruise and Powerplay events and what you do with insurance. Do you get extra cover out for the event or whether it is covered under the the full comprehensive insurance. I would really like to do this event but would like to ensure that I have coverage just in case haha. HELP!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 29d

Think you'll find no full comp insurance will cover you at the track or special events. It would definitely be a special policy addon, and as above not many companies probably do it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 10d

Hey guys, just wondering, for all you who have been to Powercruise and Powerplay events and what you do with insurance. Do you get extra cover out for the event or whether it is covered under the the full comprehensive insurance. I would really like to do this event but would like to ensure that I have coverage just in case haha. HELP!!!

I had the same question and emailed powercruise about it, they said most insurance companies wont insure you for being on the track and that if they do cover you it will only be at the venue apparanly but I thought that would be the same as any other venue. I just changed over to shannons a few days ago and will call them tomorrow and find out what they can do, then get back to you about it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 10d

I spoke to the guy ive been dealing with at shannons about powercruise and about my cousin as he is under 25. He said to email him and he will take the case to his boss and see if they can insure him, might be worth a try to give them a call. The werre over $100 cheaper than AAMI and now my car is insured for $25k instead of the market value of $21,200 with all my mods listed and covered.

However they dont do CTP insurance in QLD so I couldn't use them for my third party and hence no extension for powercruise. however my CTP is still with AAMI and they gave me an extension for powercruise free of charge. so its all good