Tyre Pressures

Impellor

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 10d

Nice write up impellor... had the pleasure of doing a 4 day course at RoadCraft Gympie many years ago - and it has proved it's worth many, many times. Escape route awareness, vehicle dynamics and preparedness, safety principles and many, many other issues they covered were just great. Skid pan work was well though out and planned to prove a point. Going for a 180k drive with an advanced professional instructor that covered the back roads of Kenilworth through to the traffic of the Sunshine Coast was a real challenge. Still have a little "Eyes Up" sticker on the dash (referring to your focal point dipping over time whilst driving.... and how that is an absolute no no)!!

JG

• Member For: 17y 5m 16d

I run 42/38 on my 19s.. less in the back makes it grip a little better in the dry but worse in the wet.

Less than ~38 for 19s and you run the risk of damaging a rim on a big pothole etc.

Also if you think a higher pressure will make it too rough to ride in chuck 45psi in and go for a drive.. its really not that bad.

For some reason I always have the rears wearing out really quick, no matter what the pressure?? :3gears:

• Member For: 13y 9m 3d

Nice write up impellor... had the pleasure of doing a 4 day course at RoadCraft Gympie many years ago - and it has proved it's worth many, many times. Escape route awareness, vehicle dynamics and preparedness, safety principles and many, many other issues they covered were just great. Skid pan work was well though out and planned to prove a point. Going for a 180k drive with an advanced professional instructor that covered the back roads of Kenilworth through to the traffic of the Sunshine Coast was a real challenge. Still have a little "Eyes Up" sticker on the dash (referring to your focal point dipping over time whilst driving.... and how that is an absolute no no)!!

JG

Johnny G right you are, eyes up. But just remember don,t look at the pole. I now wonder why this is not a standard course for anyone that drives, as I am sure it has made you a far better road user. Cheers mate Im glad to hear that you are still living the law.

Edited by Impellor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 19d

43PSI cold

Running Maxxis Victra MA-Z1 245/35/19's so far 15000km and still have shoulders

first of these Maxxis lasted 10,000ks on 36 PSI so much for the UTQG of 380 AAA

Dunlop Sportmaxx lasted 14000ks at 36 PSI especially when they had a UTQG of 240 AAA