Good Pads

FG50T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m

ebc red stuff are good with minimal dust and no noise cost about $180 for front set... green stuff are good for lighter cars and are a step behind the reds.

and QFM pads are also up to the job with hardly any dust and no noise almost as good as red stuff and less than half the price :derisive:

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

I'm running Hawk Performance ceramic pads on my 6/4 Brembo setup and am getting plenty of brake dust. I keep a 6 litre Hills weed sprayer bottle on my front porch with CT18 degreaser in it. I spray degreaser all over the rims and rub the dust off with a brush. Then I hose it all off. I do each wheel one at a time, so that the degreaser doesn't have time to dry on to the wheels and leave streaks. It's obviously easier to do if the car hasn't been driven for a couple of hours because then there isn't the heat in the wheel area to bake the degreaser and brake dust goo onto the rims.

I generally wash the wheels two or three times each week, and they need it each time. I'm hard on brakes - if lower control arm bushes had civil rights then I'd be up on war crimes charges every day.

This week I didn't get around to cleaning the wheels all week, so I had the entire week's worth of brake dust on the rims. The car gets a thorough wash/clean/vacuum every Sunday night/Monday sometime (ie after each weekend). So, there was quite a coating of ugly brake dust on the rims this afternoon. It's been bugging me all week, so I've just cleaned the rims in the front yard.

Photos - taken a few minutes ago:

Brake_Dust_Wheels_01___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_02___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_03___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_04___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_05___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_06___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_07___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_08___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_09___16_10_2011.jpg

Brake_Dust_Wheels_10___16_10_2011.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 29d

next set I get I think are going to be ebc redstuff all round, not suited for racing but apparently are really good for everyday driving...

NOOOO... dont do it... nothing special at all... dads Egas ute has better braking than my BF.. and they squeel like hell...even with the backing strips... very disappointed with the choice

• Member For: 17y 5m 27d

I will never use EBC pads again. These were off my old WRX after a track day. They were nearly brand new at the time. I was pretty disappointed with their overall performance.

24052006029Medium.jpg

• 4 weeks later...