New Gt Engine Gone Already

cranny

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

Mate I can't, actually yes I can, believe this sh*t. I won't bang on about the other mob but frankly, they sh*t on fraud in this area. It would almost make you want to 'break it' properly and flatbed it in. IMO, I'd be leaning a lot harder on them now. You did the warm and fuzzy - that aint working.

My next conversation would go something like this:

Guys I understand you can't find the fault. That's ok, but it's the engine right? Yes sir we believe it is. Ok then, I'll have a new one thanks and FPV can piss around at their leisure and sort it out given I know this has happened to more than one vehicle. Does next week suit you?

Mate I really feel for you. Be the sqeaky wheel mate or some arsehole like me making more noise will queue jump ya.

Cheers,

Bomber.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

this is just a little concerning to me.. I have recently picked up my new gt (well 3000kms ago) and have it booked in for a tune and some other upgrades.

Maybe im not in such a hurry to ditch my warrantee after all !!I would be so dissapointed if my 70K+ car did that. Esspecially with only 3k on it.

Roland

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Cranny, your car is not a lemon as its drives fine - it wouldn't be a "major" fault (although it is to you of course as its your car), however the following paragraphs are vital;

"If you have a minor problem with the car, the dealer is still allowed to fix it under warranty. If you have to get your car fixed at another workshop, you're entitled to claim the cost from the dealer who sold you the car.

However, if the dealer can't fix the problem within a reasonable time, you are also entitled to a refund or a replacement.

So the classic tactic of some dealers and manufacturers stringing you along by saying, ``Just bring it back and we'll try to fix it under warranty'' time and again until the warranty runs out, will no longer work."

So as the lads keep saying, now that they accept its an issue, keep taking it back (don't waste time/money on fair trading/lawyers etc) and give a reasonable time to rectify - then Ford dealer/FPV will run out of options and you will be in a very strong position to demand a new car or refund so try not to worry too much about your beast :beerchug:

Edited by CBXRT

• Member For: 17y 18d

So the classic tactic of some dealers and manufacturers stringing you along by saying, ``Just bring it back and we'll try to fix it under warranty'' time and again until the warranty runs out, will no longer work."

Subaru tried that on my missus' Liberty when it had a super noisy aircon compressor.

For the last 3 services we kept saying it was noisy and there is a problem.

They greased it up and said all was ok, and 2 weeks later it was noisy again.

The last time we took it to Subaru, 1 month out of warranty, they said the aircon was farked and wanted $1500 to replace it.

I told them to stick it up there @rse and fix it for free as we had told them for over 1 year it was broken.

The manager rang me 1/2hr later and said they would fix it under warranty, but its not what they normally do, when its out of warranty.

I am not sure if the new GT's have a run in policy for the first 5000k's or something but you should be fine in getting a replacement engine if that's the problem.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

I know of other GT's getting new engines. One guy who worked at a dealership (so that probably helped) even got FPV to put his original engine number onto the replacement engine so it still matched up to the cars build number.