Fg Xr6 Turbo Limitations

Mort

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 25d

Mostly all genuine Ford... FG F6 injectors. FG F6 intercooler. V8 air box but a GT box because the outlet is larger than a standard XR8,4 inch Dump , Genuine Ford GT exhaust from dump back (Yes twin), surge tank with bosh pump. and turbo Pipe kit.

but I will say one thing Jim did tell me that it was one of the best breathing XR6s he has had in the shop and that's probably got a lot to do with the results..

And maybe the 5 or so hours on the DYNO :clap:

Edited by RHR

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 6m 16d

sheesh, I have the v8 box and K+N, Process West 2 kit going(hopefully) on and f6 injerctors too. centre muffler removed and going for a 5" venom dump/cat setup. If I got 350 , I will be doing backflips ! :turboboink:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 6d

From memory tunehouse use a dyna pack dyno (hub dyno) not a common roller dyno... If so these dynos can read upto 30rwkw higher than roller dynos due to thier direct hub reading.

• Like 1

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Ahh... That 350 makes sense now, a useful bit of info to leave out lol.

• Donating Members

From memory tunehouse use a dyna pack dyno (hub dyno) not a common roller dyno... If so these dynos can read upto 30rwkw higher than roller dynos due to thier direct hub reading.

UHHHM does that mean that cars tuned on roller dynos getting 320 rwkws are actually producing 350 rwkws on the bitumen or every car that Jims tuned to 320rwks is actually only producing 290 rwkws, Im confused, oh and the torque 917 Nm is that wrong also, I know what 320rwkws feel like because I got that from another premier Sydney tuner on a roller dyno and I sure know that What I have now far exceeds that. :fool:

• Awesome...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

Still yet to see a direct comparison, it's all hearsay until it happens....

Not saying it's not true, it's just not a fact.

At the end of a day it's a tuning tool, and a much better one than a roller dyno at that.

• Member For: 17y 9m 24d

Not having the rear wheels on the car should give it a few more kw's.

Who cares about a dyno sheet anyway, run it on the strip and the MPH over the finish line will tell you how much power you really have.

• Donating Members

True to an extent, but isnt this thread about how much the standard FG turbo can take???

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST OR ADD REPLY