Site Performance / Speed

Site Performance Issues  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Trying to get an understanding if we are having any forum speed issues with members.

The server is not maxing out and does not have capacity issues, so it is not related to that.

I personally do not have any issues accessing from home, or work and have average internet connections.

To help with this please also post the following information after you have voted.

1. How are you connected? Ethernet / Wireless / Mobile Broadband.

2. What ISP do you use? And more importantly what plan are you on and speed connected? ie ADSL1 or ADSL2+ (I am connected on ADSL1 at 8mbits)

3. When do you have an issue / certain time of the day / evening?

4. What browser and version of browser are you using?

5. What kind of computer are you running? It may in fact be your computer that it slow.

Thanks for your help.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

For me at home today with very fast Optus broadband it is very good.

But at work in Sydney city when I use an Optus wireless or tether through my iphone it is very average.

At my apartment with adsl2 it various from average to very slow.... but so does every other site... just too far from the Concord exchange.

Brian

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 1d

I use optus adsl1.. I only have issues with loading times after 12:30am.. Takes ages to load a page.. I know it's not the computer,, browser because during the day it runs quick as normal.. Same with my phone,, gets slow after 12:30am but fine when I jump on in the morning

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

I find the avatars take a long time to load, as they are not resized before being served, the massive original images are being squished by the browser. For example using Firefox I can right click freeze_dk's avatar and "view image" - it loads up and shows me it is really 480px × 640px and not the 130px wide (or whatever) that the avatar is sized at in the sidebar. bcl's avatar is really a 1,267px × 561px image!

This isn't so much a problem for those with low quality photos "behind the scenes" (bcl's is 48KB) but it surely is a BIG waste of bandwidth.

If you use Internet Exploiter then try right clicking and saving the image to your PC, then opening it up. Just found Dillz to be 1023x764 and 123KB!

Edited by -SteveR-

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 13d

sometimes attachments are slow to 'expand', but half the time its cause no one know how to resize a pic smaller than 900kb!

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 6m 17d

problems with classifieds. showing 21 threads for non car/random items (or whatever the proper heading is ) can't be viewed. States there are no threads to view although I can see the heading at the side ! :bangcomputer: