What Provider Do You Use For Your Internet?

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Hey guys,

I've just moved into a new place and we need to set up an internet connection. We have a mobile broadband pre-paid usb stick but it's pretty slow and doesn't always get good reception.

We don't really have any need for a home phone as we are more than often out of the house. We don't want to have to pay for a mobile bill and a home phone that is barely used.

I've been with both Telstra and Optus in the past but tbh they were both sh*t... Not planning on going back to Drop-outs, terrible speeds and no idea tech support.

Can anyone recommend a service or provider if we just want a broadband plan? After good value and a reliable service with good speed. We don't download heaps but we'd still like a reasonable data allowance.

Cheers guys,

Dan

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 27d

http://www.whistleout.com.au/

There's lots of sites like this which are good to check plans out.

I have always been with Netspace. Awesome service & hardly any connection drop outs. I think it's happened about twice for an hour or so. However, since they've merged with iiNet you can't buy as good deals off them, mostly bundled with phone etc.

EDIT: TPG have some good deals, even unlimited is cheap but I can't comment on their service as I've never used it.

Edited by Turbo6FG

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Thanks for those links guys,

Just working through them now.

After seeing that there are so many companies and options, I guess a better question would be;

Which do I steer away from? And which have you been happy with? There are a few there that I've never heard of...

Cheers guys

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 23d

Ive used Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and Exetel. Currently on Internode and it sh*ts on them all. No contract, No peak/off-peak times.. Unbeatable customer service and best of all, 150gb of download! :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 7d

Being from Perth mate, check out Amnet.

Got good pricing, good download limits, no upload limits and good speed.

Cant tell you much about their tech support because I've never had to use them in the 2+yrs

• Member For: 14y 3m 13d

200gb/$60 a month, Exetel, no dramas. New customers will only pay $50 for this plan, line sync for me is 14000 down 1000 up.

You will find that people on all isp forums at whirpool will have complaints, just work out what you neeed, what you wanna pay and filter through based on whats available at your exchange.

• Member For: 13y 1m 9d

stay away from comcen/spin same company different names had nothing but trouble with them had too use the ombudsman to get out of my contract with them .

been with internode ever since 200gig plan and always fast and reliable not the cheapest but def the best .