Missus Just Got One

mummba

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 1d

rs is a high tuned version- more boost, better suspension, seats etc. was a euro model for a couple of years and just began selling in aust.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 21d

Black and orange is horn. And im the same, sunburst is foul, wish this orange come in fg's..be all over it if they were! Rs' are fkn cool, green one down my way, look sweet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 2d

nice

my missus wants one too dammit after one pasted us yesterday while cruising on the freeway.

whats the differences between the RS and a xr5?

The RS model has 440nm and 223kw.Quaife diff,revo knuckle set up to reduce torque steer,engine has been strengthened along with gear box and clutch.

The ECU has to be unlocked in order to re-flash it.In England some owners have modded their RSs to achieve up to 500nm with approx 300kw.It only comes in two door.

The XR5 has to be one of the best hot hatch bargains of the decade.I own one at the moment(until my F6 arrives) and I have to say it's been a great car.

Has to be one of the most tunable cars on the road and the amount of generic tunes available is amazing as is the amount of physical mods which include injectors,exhausts,intercoolers,manifolds,etc,etc.

One of the tuners,Tunehouse have done wonders with owners' cars,check out the clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTtmhleLq-8

Edited by timetaker

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

Yeah nice Pair and awesome matching colours!!! My missus just sold her BA XR8 for the XR5 Turbo (Performance Blue with White Stripes). Will chuck up the photos as well as I have the FG Turbo ute in Silhouette. Gotta say the XR5 is an awesome little car to drive. It's a step down in power compared to her XR8 but still gets up and boogies! Congrats on the new car brus! Tim