First Service Cost?

cal3540

• Member For: 13y 7m 20d

Hi all, just wanting to find out what your 15000km/1 year service cost from ford was,I have been quoted $440 from two dealerships here in brisbane,I've had my g6et for almost a year and have carried out two oil and filter changes myself (even though the car has only travelled 5000kms),I will be supplying the oil and filter as I don't want to run full synthetic oil till 10,000km,I've been running ford lpg15w-40 which is apparently the correct oil to run as advised by ford at a cost of $50 total cost for oil and filter,so from what I can tell they are stinging people $440 for an oil and filter change and a checkover etc, is this correct?

• Member For: 15y 4m 5d

if theres a workshop that you know of that are good I would go to them over a dealer...heres somthing I found out earlier this yr..for general servicing, motor vehicle dealers are entitled to insist that any servicing performed on cars they sell is carried out by qualified staff, according to the manufacturer’s specifications, and using genuine or appropriate quality parts where required. Provided these conditions are met, regardless of where you choose to get your car serviced, your warranty will remain intact.

I was reluctant to give it to Ford even before I knew this as their prices are too high and I dont trust dealer mechanics. For my 30k service at a workshop with a good rep it was $230. Even Ultratune would be a better/cheaper option than dealers.

• Member For: 12y 10m 7d

At 15,000kms I got stung $360 at a ford dealership - for an oil and filter change. Absoulute joke. They even charged me $20 for rotating the tyres and didn't even do it. What I don't understand is that I've been charged around the same amount for a major service in the past. How can they justify the cost???

Ford - Love the cars, hate the workshops :finger:

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 6m 16d

$250 from main nissan dealer (next door to our showroom) . they do all the same sh*t that fraud do only cheaper and I can watch no little wanker apprentice goes for a play in it !

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Any reputable place can do the service for cheaper and keep your warranty - no issues there at all.

However, from experience it can hurt at resale time when buyers look for the complete "Ford service history" - whilst Ford don't do a better job (probably worse actually) many buyers simply pay more for that "dealer" history and can move on if the car doesn't have it......fact of life unfortunately.

• Member For: 13y 7m 20d

thanks all for the replies,I agree 100% with what your saying CBXRT,which is the only reason I thought to take it to a ford dealership,that and to recieve any software updates issued by ford,I rang another dealership today and got quoted $280 might see if the dealership closer to me where I bought the car from will match the other dealers price. thanks again

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

I had mine done at 7,500 (Oil and filter) not too long ago as I want to keep my book and the car up to date - cost was $260 at a Ford dealership

I'll have to take the car in for my 1yr soon so I hope it is about the same but I will post up the cost when I know.

They did however direct me to BobJaynes for a wheel alignment (+$50) as they don't have that machine apparently.