Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

we've got a month now so plenty of time to sought any fidly bits or anything that decides to be diffucult. That & plenty of time to add things to the list. Now that we bring it up we might have something very special real soon (but im not telling just yet :)

• Like 2

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

The std torque settings are at 85nm & hence why they still lift, we were retorueing to 105 & it never lifted again with the arp bolts which saw up to 31psi.

Theres nothing secret about the headgasket I just dont know a whole lot about it but it does have the orings built into the gasket. :)

The only head gasket options in Australia for this engine are :

standard Ford MLS

Permaseal MLS

Copper with block or head O ringed and 3bond sealant.

So whats this one with the O ring build into it.

• Like 1

Its a new option that atomic are trialing in mine. Its been put in another engine that ran some impressive strip times (not an xr body) but wanted to try it in a high boost, high hp engne to make sure its the goods before it becomes a common item. that's about the long and short of what I know about it & the reason its not common knowledge was they wanted to trial it first.

• Member For: 14y 7m 21d

I run the copper gasket with the o ring and 14 mm arp studs . Not sure of the torque but the head still lifted a bit . But theres nothing wrong with see a bit of water spraying out . John u arse MSG me to goodies lol

The only reason it would of lifted is that its not torqued down hard enough cause you've seen about the same boost we did using 12's

Possibly unevenly torqued or after repeated high hp runs they do need to be checked and retensioned

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Looks factory under the bonnet :wackit:

This is IMO the finest all round specimen of a T and full credit to all involved over the years.

John you must be bleeding from either the arse or forehead ( courtesy of the frying pan)

Get a suite of proper pro pics done inside and out

Awesome car'

• Like 1

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

Its integrity of the combustion zone that is most important. In that video where steam goes thru the exhaust the combustion Zone is breached and the hardest to solve.

If it is leaking out of the water jackets and but not getting into the combustion zone then that can be dealt with.

In some other high hp per cubic inch motors I have seen the head and block water jackets completely welded up and external flow lines installed.

Hope this Atomic head gasket works out.

But on the other hand it might not because it might not be the gasket but strength of the block and head and how it is bolted up that determines whether a solution can be found.

My Alloy Yella Terra Head on my turbo 202 was cast with a thicker deck to help with sealing the combustion chamber and with a copper head gasket , o ring block and stock diameter size head studs around 10mm, never had head gasket problems with 500+rwhp.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 1

when steam came out the exhaust it actually broke/snapped headbolts.

As far as the new gasket I guess only time will tell either way

Thanks as always Jules, when its done this time round the bay should be the best it has been :)

Edited by qik1

they were a atomic sourced tool steel studs &12mm. They were from the very first batch that came through im pretty sure.

I had the arp studs & had the head lift at low 20 psi (happened to me twice on two different sets) where they were torqued to 85nm but dialed them down to 105nm & didnt have them lift when we went over 30psi and close to 900hp. didnt get a chance to go any further as we changed to the new style and after two session I think it was this happened but they did see big hp a few times, still not what you would expect.

When it was all stripped down there were indents on the head where the bolt washer goes so there is more to our story than just a set of bolts snapping