Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing

qik1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 25d

Ok will torque the head more and go from there I guess.

Bad... Done mine three times now... Head off, skimmed new gasket and Studs... Getting a little over it and biting the bullet also and going 14mm

that's not good, didnt start doing it till I went to Heathcote and only one time previously on a dyno.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 2d

that's not good, didnt start doing it till I went to Heathcote and only one time previously on a dyno.

If water has found its way in there the seal is gone, best replace head gasket before it gets worse.. (see the vid a couple of pages back what happened to John's on the Dyno)

Edited by XYZ

• Donating Members

I spoke to Brad and that's what he told me to do, so il try that, if its still doing it, il be on the phone quick smart.

I'll check the video though.

How to steam clean a 3 1/2 exhaust

I can understand you guys a pushing the boundaries keeping the head down, but im with a standard turbo.. its got me thinking wtf

Edited by Dagabond

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

your not the only few to have this happen at moderate levels (400+) , but the bad batch could explain a few cases seems very hit and miss tbh or the torqueing down process? maybe the factory gaskit has had enough at these limits 25psi +

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

Sorry I didn't see the replay earlier but in the past with the head lifting we've just retensioned down to 105 and even at 30plus psi it didn't lift. they were Apr to start off with and then the atomic tool steel version.

We've now gone all out and has 14mm studs which would be my one and only recommendation when building an engine to handle over 800hp. We took a few leaps and bounds with this new engine so will be interesting to see how it all goes.

As for you Travis my friend bite me, I've got something for you :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members

your not the only few to have this happen at moderate levels (400+) , but the bad batch could explain a few cases seems very hit and miss tbh or the torqueing down process? maybe the factory gaskit has had enough at these limits 25psi +

Im not pushing 25 im only pushing 19-20psi

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

Nice vid I wondered where that had gone. It was alot more complicated that blowing a headgasket, alot went into this engine including redesigning parts so it doesn't happen again. We might break stuff but we learn alot from it.

Good news as well, I'm out in Toowoomba and we're spending the wkend getting the engine back in with all the new goodies which look awesome. Should have a heap of pics tomorrow smile3.gif

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Im not pushing 25 im only pushing 19-20psi

yeh I know it was more a general statement the 25psi seems where it goes a bit lifty lifty if its not torqued down harder and arp's are common as a "good stud"