Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

There will never be secrets if I can help I always will. The Diff im not sure but I use to run castrol synthetic stuff, always run transmax z in the zf and royal purple in the engine

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

what weight royal purple

I know u always share info and that's great cause some dont like to like its a big thing.

u use the top shelf products / parts always and its showing but I was just intrested if u came back with magnitec or sometihinglol , dont want to get into a oil debate but just wanted to see what was keeping up with all that hp and obviously the best is coping well !

whats the damage involved u know yet ?

where from here just get it back together or is it getting something else done?

Sorry didnt mean to sound short I was using my bloody phone to type & it's a nuisense to correct so I just left it lol.

We've got to the point where there can't be any compramise otherwise the consequences are major. Way back we use to use castrol sport 0w40 & it did the job but found when we pulled the original engine down there was abit of sludge in the sump but it put up with some horror so it must be okay.

Only damage was a couple of minor blowout on the water galleries on the head, easily repairable & of coarse headstuds & gasket. There all in the process of being dealt with. We did consider pulling the engine out & goin the next step further but with such minimal damage & me gettin an itch to go racing we'll get everything as it should be & put it back together. The only other thing we'll be doing is changing to a 1.01 exhaust housinlg to hopefully help that big girl come on a touch earlier & quicker not that the new precision needs much help :) We're also changing diff gears to hopefully match it a little better than what we have now. It should also take abit of strain off the box & also we hopefully dont have to use 5th gear down the track.

Theres lots of future plans for it but I love this zf so I want to persist in a few areas but if it does give us too much grief we'll deal with it appropriatly

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Got to give you bulk points for determination. When I get back from work I don't even feel like looking at mine at the moment. Lol engine builder and wife are on to me to pull my finger out so I might ave to do something soon.

Hey Ben, gonna go back to the std ones so we dont have to use 5th gear hopefully & that's why we're momentarily goin back to the 1.01 housing just to help it come on boost off the line that & to give it abit more streetability, The short diff gears are really brutal & havent been doing us any favours as far as chasing figures as well.

Reece I barely touch the car anymore except when its at FPT & something minor needs doing. After a month away I barely feel like washing it let alone working on it lol.

Kent we were thinking of pulling it out to put 14mm studs in, o'ring the block & copper gasket but its such minor damage & we know what happened so hopefully its a simple fix so can't justify taking it off the road again for a period of time again, it needs to be used!!!

Edited by qik1
  • Like 1

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Im in my new house now. Bulk dirt bike tracks 100m from my drive. I pretty much park the truck put riding gear on and head out. Instant speed fix. I did look at my ute the other day though.