Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Would be good to see thisso up & running & hopefully in full glory.

I thought you'd like that one mate, I'll keep it up for a while will give me motorvation to push it hard, not that I need alot lol

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some type of day out at forced performance. We made a last minute decision to change to c16 so made a rush trip to slacks creek & back again all before lunch. After changing fuels & a couple of test runs to make sure we had enough fuel which was not a problem by far the car ran up an easy 988hp at 34psi with full 3 1/2 exh & intake on & rich afr's. A couple of runs later & no boost & we found the turbo had perked it's self. Lucky there was a precsion turbo just lying around & with a massive help from a few of the boys it was changed on the dyno. First run & 700rwkw at 4000rpm & pop went the input shaft. The box will be repaired & maybe freshened up but apart from the shaft not playing the game it was perfect all day & we must of done 15 pulls or so all well over 850- 900hp. It'll be back & if you know us bigger & badder!!!

Have to say a massive thanks to Jamie Kuhn for his massive massive effort on the car over the past days/weeks/months & Spiro from DLM for supplying the new turbo. It is one hell of a unit. we tried to do a back to back run & it sounded like an absolute bullet until things headed south.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

Chin up John, these things happen mate, you will be back on the rollers in no time, and I have a distinct suspicion that you will not be in the 900 range for long my friend ;-)

Thanks Spiro & thanks for ya ongoing support & help in the build can't tell you how much I appreciate it. That new turbo sounds off tap by the way, alot more induction noise compared to the gtx for some reason!!!

I'm not disappointed but bloody excited especially with the power that its making so easily & how well our fuel system is taking to c16. 900 is just a complication for now was heading along way up still

For those of you that might have doubts. obviously the 935 is when the shaft let go & the 988 run was still with the gtx42

post-15535-0-11893600-1319250609_thumb.j

Edited by Dagabond

yeah it was really taking off, that was without even touching the tune. I think we're gonna put a heavier spring in it to make sure the boost holds all the way & then the skies the limit or rather the box lol. Next time we'll have more time so we can get what we want rather than just rushing to make a number. Our fueling with plenty of head room is still low 11's so our only restriction is the box but with some tinkering we'll beable to overcome it. Who could have thought that with such a big turbo that it could so responsive, all the time that's bein put into it is paying off.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

Hard luck mate. Love your attitude though, 1 shagged turbo and gearbox in the same day and you still have your chin up.

Surely there is a mad mob in germany pumping massive power through the zf and R&D has been done on making forged input shafts?

Theres billet ones already available from a few places but not at 1500 plus a pop & the fact it'll just shift the pressure elsewhere. cheap & easy to fix this not so much if we kill the major internals.

There will be a t400 goin in but cant give up at 1 input shaft, we havent really seen the potential or limits of these boxes. I'd like to see if you can cruise around with 700 all day, have about 800 at the track, run 9's make a 1000hp on the dyno & with some reliability. We're close on a couple of these so I'd like to see if we can do all this for a period of time. We're still really at the development testing point so can't write it all off yet. If we have a major failure that might be what pushes us to the new style of box cause theres no point floggin a dead horse but we're not at that stage yet.

• Like 1