Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing

qik1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

yeah nice one ^^. go with the arp's jon. my 26 is torqued up to 105 ft/lb and no dramas they are tough and used for mega tough builds. they also have plenty more space for higher torque.

I think John's gasket could have been farked from last time, as the new atomic ones he put in are torqued to 115 ft/lb.. (I think)... Typhoon freak has these in his as well and I don't believe he has been having any problems..

Keen to he what peoples opinions are as I still need to put new ones in mine after pushing a little water on 31psi..

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d

We lifted the head with the arp ones and put them down to 105 & didnt have a problem after up to 31psi. We put it up to 34psi with the old turbo which made 998rwhp & it was fine with the new studs. Chances are the new turbo is alot more efficient & just abit much for it all. The new studs are down to 120 so wasnt expecting there to be problems but chances are we did damage to the gasket ages ago & with the combination on things it just went wrong on the day

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d

haha not that silly, Just started a multi year contract in the pilbara so no doubt this wont be its last guise

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 16d

Damn mate that's tragic when that happens. Your in an area that few people dare to walk with these engines and fewer succeed to do so without issues like this. I have been testing head studs and gaskets for ages and have had the best results so far with the current setup but even with what I have atm I still can get a couple of dribbles come out of the overflow line on 37 and 38 psi. You dont even need to be out by any small amount on any of the tune settings and it can still do this. Not forgiving at all and the first thing that loves to let you know when your pushing to hard is the cylinder head gasket. I got some custom ARP head studs out of the USA for mine (9/16)and they have so far put up with some huge and stupid amount of tests and punishment and 100's of dyno runs. Now they are finally starting to show signs of fatigue with repeated big boost pulls.

People so dont understand how much money and heart ache that guys like yourself and me and Spiko and Kyle and other put into trying to get these huge power figures from an engine that only gets it development from this country and doesnt have the USA or other countrys helping to develop products past what we are pushing them to. I mean we may get parts made elsewhere but not under the programs of development that other engines have had.

Your car is one nice looking machine so hopefully you get it sorted soon and start to chomp up the black stuff again!

Simon XFT

Edited by Xtreme F6
  • Like 1

• Member For: 12y 9m 30d

So what torque settings do you guy use on the head studs.

I have the 14.3mm head stud in mine and I have them torqued to 125ftb.

Sorry to hear about the head gasket! What head gasket do you have in your motor Im using the Cometic gasket had to modify it to get it to pass the head studs. I hope it all holds