Ba Xr6T Aircon Stuck On Full Heat

Hornblower

• Member For: 21y 1m 28d

2003 BA XR6T. Got in it today, felt a little warm. Seems regardless of how I try to set the thermostat/turn aircon off or on, the thing will only push hot air through the vents. Tried switching the intakes from recirculated to outside air, same thing, just pushing max heated air back at me. Any ideas what is going on here? Something stuck? Air-mix shaft problem? Anyone had a similar problem (most people have a problem NOT getting the hot air when wanted - mines the reverse)

Yeah, I reckon your right. Good thing it's winter, can save up some bucks to get it done come summer. That'll be the 2nd time the bloody mixer shaft has packed it in..... but was under an extended warranty last time around, not this time though. Think I'll look into the do-it-yourself route, I'm a patient fella.

• Member For: 16y 1m 27d

If you have had the mixer shaft done already,they should of put the updated shaft in,which dont break. Could be a HIM problem though.. With just the ignition on and all doors closed etc in a quiet location,can you hear a buzzing/wurring sound coming from behind the glovebox when you operate temp from hot to cold or vice versa? Give it a few seconds either way and see if you can hear the HIM motor working. If not,dare say the HIM is at fault. Make sure all your fuses are ok first ofcourse.

If you have had the mixer shaft done already,they should of put the updated shaft in,which dont break. Could be a HIM problem though.. With just the ignition on and all doors closed etc in a quiet location,can you hear a buzzing/wurring sound coming from behind the glovebox when you operate temp from hot to cold or vice versa? Give it a few seconds either way and see if you can hear the HIM motor working. If not,dare say the HIM is at fault. Make sure all your fuses are ok first ofcourse.

Hmmm, I'll check that out. Funny thing was it seemed to all be working OK again this morning, maybe the bugger just got stuck or something. Will check the fuses though and HIM as you suggest ebxmple.... cheers