Relocate Battery To Passengers Side

maccanz

• Member For: 13y 10m 9d

Hey guys, I have done a bit or searching looking for some info about relocating the battery to the passenger's side (in place of the stock air box) in a BF but come up empty.

Has anybody got some tips on how to do this?

What can I use to hold the battery level and in place? Is there a simple fix for this?

Also, do I just need to run one cable from the positive terminal to the place where the cable was and then earth the negstive, or run the negative back as well as earthing it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever thought about putting it in the boot?

Yeah I did but it sounded like people had some random issues with slow cranking or stereo wine etc. I though the safer option was just to put it to the other side.

I had a look on Plazmaman's website, I could only find a mounting bracket kit for the stock location with an Odyssey Battery as well. Is the kit they have maybe discontinued?

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 27d

You will need to make a bracket to hold it.

I made one for my fg. Dont see y b series would be any different.

Check my thread. Link in sig

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Take a look at the nizpro battery relocation kit does the job perfectly and allows for the 4 inch intake. I wouldnt like a wet battery in my boot

Edited by arronm

No response from Nizpro after 2 emails. I guess they are doing so well they don't need my business. Bit of a shame, not even a courteous reply to say "sorry we are not interested with any more customers" :dontknow:

So has anyone got any more advice on how to relocate the battery to the passengers side?

• Member For: 13y 12d

So has anyone got any more advice on how to relocate the battery to the passengers side?

Cobra Battery Kit

Nizpro's battery relocation kit is used in conjunction with our cold air intake system to relocate the battery from the original drivers side position across to the passengers side front corner. The kit was designed to keep the battery in the engine bay utilising a dry cell battery.

The kit comprises of 800 CCA dry cell battery, battery tray and wiring. It is easily installed, only needing one 8mm diameter hole to be drilled for mounting with the remaining supports locking into original Ford mounting points.