Installing Fg Fpv Starter Button In Fg Series

G6Eman

• Member For: 12y 10m 28d

Hi everyone

I'm waiting on my FG FPV starter button to arrive, I've had the tissue box fascia painted piano black to match my G6ET's interior. I believe it comes with a wiring harness although I haven't laid eyes on it yet - but I'm wondering if anyone else has installed one of these in a non-FPV FG? Any advice or pointers?

Cheers

Hey, that would be awesome if you could send me the link!

I'm not sure if it comes with a wiring harness - I probably should have got him to expand on "wiring included" lol. Thought I'd google a wiring diagram but can't seem to find one...

I'm sure it would be pretty straight forward but I'd like to at least have some sort of reference point in case I hit a wall as the ignition is one thing I don't want to screw up!

• Member For: 17y 5m 26d

How hard is it to remove the starter button? Is all the wiring there for it to be an easy mod? I like to start my car before I get in it and give it 30 secs to warm up a little before I drive off. It sucks having to lean right in, reach over to the button to start it.

Ok... Finally my starter kit arrived, and luckily it came with the wiring harness - no cutting wires required.

It took me about 3 minutes to do and is as simple as plug and play.

Gonadman2 - To disable the button, all you have to do is remove the steering column cover under your steering wheel. There are 3 phillips head screws holding it in, and it will unclip from the top section with a gentle pull.

If you stick your head underneath you will see where the wiring harness connects to the back of the ignition barrel - its a male white connector - just unplug it.

Also, there is another white connection there - male into female, both white - unplug them as well. Take THAT male connector and plug it into your ignition barrel and you're all done, just whack your column cover back in. It's up to you if you want to remove the whole start button setup or leave it in case you want to hook it up again later.

Hope that helps :dontknow: