Line Locker In A Ba Ute

relentless xr6

• Member For: 13y 4m 21d

Hey guys I have a ba xr6t t56 manual gearbox and plan to do alot of drag racing, I wanna fit a line locker so I dont destroy my clutch doing heel and toe burnouts. I have only seen one car on youtube in the ford ba range that had a line locker kit low xr6, I just wanna no is it easy to fit a kit to the ba xr6t and how to bypass the abs so it doesnt go into limp mode on my burnout any info would help plz!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 26d

something im keen in looking into, maybe you just gotta give it ago and see what happens, is there somewhere you can get a kit from?

Would it really affect the ABS/limp mode any more than it would already when we do a burnout on the brakes?

Gonz.

Edited by Gonz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 7d

I would of thought that if you install the locker on the fronts so that you pump the brake on then lock the pressure in then release the brake that the abs wouldnt know any better if you dont have your foot on the brake.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

Pretty easy in a ute, fit the solenoid to the brake line in the LHR guard where it T's off to the RH Side. wire in as per usual

(im assuming you want too isolate the rear brakes?)

Front would be a bit more difficult to setup as both fron circuits are seperate after the abs pump.

Id prefer to have the ability too creep forward after the waterbox anyway

ABS is a little tricky, Having said that I did some fairly large 2nd gear burnouts with MT's on in my old BA ute at the drags and didnt have a problem with the abs, Pull the fuse if it gives you issues, you shouldnt need abs to stop at the top of the strip....

Are you following the launch assist/control thread considering yours is a manual?

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

Really? I'm willing to teach you!

• Member For: 13y 2m 26d

A true "linelocker" kit is the one where you press the brake pedal down, flick a switch that "locks" the front brakes on, you can then take your foot off the brake pedal and the vehicle will remain at a stand still with front brakes locked until you flick the switch, so with this method there would be no issues with the ABS the car will just think its doing a power skid with no brakes oh and that its wheel standing lol! so the only thing that will freak out will be yout TC.

But if your after the ability to do a burnout on the brakes and roll along at walking pace without rear brake drag then this would be a different story, ive thought about it and wonder if the master cylinder would function without damage if you were to fit a "On" "Off" tap to the rear brake lines?

I recon you could then turn the tap to the "Off" position to inhibit flow to the rear brake calipers therefore disabiling the function of the rear brakes and this would make burnouts easier and put less load on the motor and drivetrain.

Im thinking that the rear brake fluid needs to go somewhere if it cant go to the rear calipers because I think it would cause a hydraulic lock of the master cylinder or blow seals in it when the brake pedal is applied??? what do yas think???

This would probably also freak out the ABS system even more haha...

Gonz.

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 28d

If you pull the abs fuse pull the one under the bonnet not the in car fuse panel.

I tryed to remove my ABS fuse "from engine bay" on the weekend, it would not come out =/ is it screwed in or something? what will happen when u pull that fuse ABS Light come on dash? it wont go into Limp Mode will it?