Vibration/shudder Thought Floor And Seat

sam_rigger

• Member For: 13y 3m 5d

Hey Guys

I've noticed a shudder/vibration coming through my drivers seat/floor, not sure what could be causing it.

Car has only done 1000kms. I though it was just stiff suspension, but I don't rekon my other ute was like this.

I was thinking maybe a wheel balance to start with.

any other suggestions/comments?

Would love some feedback.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 14d

Would tailshaft problem cause this? Is it uncommon for the weights to fall off...or not be on there?

Possible, but I havent seen under a fg, There used to be dramas with the sedans, the tailshafts had plastic weight holders and a combination of weights that clip onto the tailshaft bolts that bolt it to the pinion flange, we used to have to mark the position of the tailshaft in relation to the pinion and also the postion of the weights on the shaft, causes bad vibrations, the ford WDS had an attachement for and infrared pickup and a balancing function. I left ford after BF so I cant speak for the FG series. Id suggest calling ford and ask for a price to do it, its not that labour intensive, just up on the hoist and about half hours work

yeah I've since had the tailshaft balanced by G J Drivelines, they said it was fine.

I'm getting wheel balance and allignment this saturday, but I'm just not sure what it could be.

I'm thinking of getting lowered springs and leaf springs from Pedders at some point, so that might help....

It could be that the springs in the rear need time to soften a bit...not sure.

any ideas?

• Member For: 19y 1m 25d

I had a vibration only at a certain speed. turned out to be the rear falken tyres had gone off. one of them wernt exactly round. your car being so new I doubt you have this problem but could be worth trying different rims and tyres.

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 10m

Thanks guys. Funny you mention the Falkens, that's what I have, and they've done their share of skidding too wonder if that's the problem? Getting new ones soon so here's hoping.

Thanks again

Bit of an update.

I've had my tailshaft balanced, tyres balanced and aligned and I still get a strange vibration feeling with on the freeway on certain parts of the road. I'm almost due for the 3000km service so I will get ford to come for a drive and see what they think.

Maybe it's diff related or something....or my leaf springs might not be setup properly or something?