Fg Xr6 Turbo Ute 2010 Noises And Leaks

fgxod

• Member For: 13y 9m 7d

Yup, that's what the suggested to me. I have a scratch on my wheel, and they said "your axle is bent, I noticed there is a scratch, maybe you hit a gutter"...

I think I know when I hit a gutter. The scratch was from a stupid narrow car park ramp.

Wonder how I'm going to fight this.

• Member For: 12y 11m 19d

hi all just noticed all the replies. I have done allot of calling around and this is what I gathered

Ford dealer 1 says disk might be warped

ford dealer 2 says axels are bent (generally caused from lowering they say) funny because I had this problem before I lowered it.

ford dealer 3 says handbrake shoe might be too tight so might need to be backed off to fix problem.

local mechanic shop 1 says its a very thin chance to bend them axels from lowering. can understand if it was IRS other wise doubts it. also he agrees with the hand brake might need adjusting,

local mechanic shop 2 says he had the same problem in his bf and says it was caused by the bearings as they fail and cause the tyre the have a slight movement. he said he put 4 piston brembo on the rear and changed the bearings and never had that problem again. thinks that the brakes dont support the load and allow the bearings to fail.

also dose this have anything to do with fg f6 utes not coming out with brembos on the rear because of this issiue?

• Member For: 15y 10m 8d

The issue is the back wheels bouncing off the ground every time you put your foot down. Temporary solution, replace the axle/s. Permanent solution, engineers job at Ford.

If they give you any problems covering it under warranty, get them to explain to you how hitting a gutter can bend an axle, but only scratch a rim :dontknow:

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 9m 21d

I have bend Three axles......... 2 from tramping before I lowered it, and 1 after lowering .

The one after I lowered it was not from tramping either. Im thinking tramp braces might hold the diff in place a bit better???

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 10d

This seems to be a very common problem guys.. I started noticing the hissing noise on my 2010 FG xr6t from the left hand rear wheel...Took it to ford essendon. they tell me my rear left hand axel is slightly bent and that I must of hit a gutter or the car has been in an accident. Mate theres not a scratch on the f***n wheel. Anything to void a warranty claim.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 28d

Guy's this is very important. I'm not saying anyone here has done it but I have seen it done myself lots of times.

Do not jack the rear end of a ute with a trolley jack under the diff. Even for a second to put stands in place. Tell your mates, mechanics and tyre fitters, they would have all done it at least once.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 28d

Think about the suspension in the ute and where the load will be. The weight transfers through the suspension, down the axles, through the diff and onto the jack.

What is the largest horizontal axis that has to support this weight. I have marked it in bold for you.

Edited by Paulie2256