Can't Access The Forum When Using 3G

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

Yep, my iPhone is on Telstra and it happens to me - pain in the royal aaaaase. Then after a few days - it comes good again. FIIK whats goin on. Is there anything in the logs that would indicate what could be causing the issue - something comes back to the user saying you are not allowed to access the site - happens for both the iPhone app and Safari browser on the iPhone - so it looks like the error message is issued by the forum server. I've never seen the message on a PC at all - just my iPhone.

Since others have said it happens on their iPhone on Voda and happens with Android PDA phones - I reckon there is a mobile device setting that is not right on the forum server. When a browser is a mobile device browser is detected, the forum server serves up the info in a different way. Maybe the company we use to host the server detects the errors every now and again and fixes it?

Edited by EvilDaifu

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

I've never had an issue myself though, HTC with Telstra. With both the Opera browser on the phone itself and also when used as a hotspot for the lappie it has always worked flawlessly.

So it's got me stuffed :dohdoh:

...oh and when I use my iPad with wifi to the phone it's fine too...don't have 3G in the iPad itself to test it with though.

Edited by tab

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d

Yep, my iPhone is on Telstra and it happens to me - pain in the royal aaaaase. Then after a few days - it comes good again. FIIK whats goin on. Is there anything in the logs that would indicate what could be causing the issue - something comes back to the user saying you are not allowed to access the site - happens for both the iPhone app and Safari browser on the iPhone - so it looks like the error message is issued by the forum server. I've never seen the message on a PC at all - just my iPhone.

Since others have said it happens on their iPhone on Voda and happens with Android PDA phones - I reckon there is a mobile device setting that is not right on the forum server. When a browser is a mobile device browser is detected, the forum server serves up the info in a different way. Maybe the company we use to host the server detects the errors every now and again and fixes it?

Their is no company that hosts the server.. it is us :) We rent a dedicated server from a major US server / internet supplier. It may be the firewall thinking that its an attack and blocking the IP Address.

For those having problems are you able to post your IP Address and I can check against the logs.. I am with vodafone on an iPhone and never have a problem either with Tapatalk, IPB Software or just the general safari view.

The error is error #200 which means the IP Address has been blocked.

You can find out your IP Address by visiting http://www.whatismyip.com/

Please make sure you do it from your phone and post the results.