Bf F6 Stock Intercooler Versus Monza Aftermarket

bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 7m 7d

I have the opportunity to get a 2nd hand BF F6 intercooler for about $100, but I have seen Monza/Wog aftermarket intercoolers on Ebay which are larger.

I really want to keep my car as stock looking as possible but question the efficiency of the BA/BF F6 intercooler compared to the Monza aftermarket ones which cost around $210.00 off ebay these days.

My car has a mild custom tune with about 250 rwkw's, I am aiming for 270-280 rwkw's but have a strict budget with more important priorities so the superior Process West etc coolers are not an option.

So if the stock BA/BF xr6t intercooler is good for may be 240-250 rwkws what is the stock BA/F F6 intercooler good for?

Go for the stock F6 cooler or Monza aftermarket? I realise the car will need re-tuning to allow for the cooler upgrade probably more so with the larger Monza.

Edited by bluesmuso

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

From my experience, the standard BA/BF F6 intercooler is good for a fair bit of power, around 270-300rwkw, which is roughly the same as the efficiency of the Monza/wog intercooler. If you can get a BA/BF F6 one cheaper, I would go for that over the Monza one. Only catch is the BA/BF one is standard silver, the Monza one you have the choice of silver or black, so you have to factor the painting cost onto the price of the F6 one if you want to keep it stock looking.

hope that helps.

Cheers K31th, I actually like the look of the silver over the black, I just don't want the car looking like the "Jun Supra" under the bonnet for insurance, cops etc. If the BF FPV cooler is as good as a wog/monza which are about $250 ish on Ebay that's good enough for me :spoton:

Would the F6 cooler make more noise than the stock BA xr6t cooler? (Have to take into consideration the fully sick Bro thing... or sorry officer thing LOL) I'd like a bit more induction noise than I have.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

the monza is ok cooler, I made 309 rwks with one. straight bolt in aswell. plenty on people on here have had them and still plenty on here use them. they are probably a little better than a f6 one, but not by much.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d
withstupid.gif But you could make that sort of power on a stock one if you really wanted.

withstupid.gif But you could make that sort of power on a stock one if you really wanted.

Stock xr6t cooler or stock F6 cooler?

I've actually read on another forum that the BF F6 intercooler does perform quite well perhaps on par with the Monzas on Ebay :)

Edited by bluesmuso

I bought a used Rajab racing/Garrett intercooler, they are apparently very good!

Thanks for all your replies people.

Now it's just a matter of where to put my B&M transmission cooler behind the intercooler or in front of the intercooler or elsewhere if it doesn't fit.

Edited by bluesmuso

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

Good choice.

The Monza cooler isn't very good at all. It flows a lot more than a stock cooler so gains are seen because of that, but it doesn't cool very well at all.

Yes I've heard the Garrett cores are up there with the best as far as cooling intake air goes, the monza looks nice though with the bling chrome look.