Possums How Do You Get Rid Of The Barstards?...

Dagabond

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d

No but I've been in a tent in full orb spider season and had so many dropping all night it sounded like rain... :girlwah:

Trade it (the house) in

:spit:

Well played Sir.

Atleast my gear stick leather isn't loose/peeling from "ware and tare". :bum: ...oh wait no yes it is. :prankster:

• 6 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 15d

Idk, in my war against possums I use the Granular Predator Urine Repellent from https://stoppestinfo.com/239-how-to-get-rid-of-a-possum.html. I will get 28.5 oz fox urine of granules for $15.95I think it is a good price. They scare away not only possums, but also other harmful animals from your place, and neither you nor your pets will suffer from it.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Did lol.

Helped a friend repair his eaves to keep possums out and he was convinced there were none in the roof at the time. That night one fell through the vent in the kitchen and went running around the house!

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

Stayed on the tiled roof til 2am after noticing where they get in and out and waited until they left at night for their nightly sojourn then got to work with wood, nails, chicken coop wire (for framework) and spak filler and blocked up the eave hole they were getting through.  No more possums since - and its been about 7 years now :thumbsup:

I was told that Peter the Possum man was no longer allowed to set cages for them (I remember maybe 20 years ago they were allowed to capture them in cages left in the roof space).  Nowadays - he has to use a one way flap on a tile to let them out but they can't get back in but that's a bit useless if there is some other way they are getting in and out :nono: 

But they are noisy little buggers once they get in the wall spaces that's for sure.  Drives the dog mad as well at 1am in the morning if they are thrashing around the bushes along the fence line.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

I got a grumpy cat from death row at Animal Aid.

Had a family of brushtails living in my shed for years - cat made it so that my home was no longer an attractive place for them to stay any more.