Fg Xr6T Ute Fault 2 Abs And Dsc

xrkiwi

• Member For: 16y 8m 22d

Was Driving my ute home 2 nights ago went through some road works and my warning lights and beepers went mad abs and dsc came on and fault 2! was not braking at the time.Pulled over checked everything brakes still worked no squeals no leaks drove into Ford,they were way to busy to do any thing (long weekend)Quickly take a look at lights and master cylinder(fluid levels not moving)and tell me a sensor has probably broken in the hub.Any one got any Ideas how likely this is or what the problem could be...Brake pads are all good and all wires look to be connected.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

the sensor and rotor are exposed in the BF and probably the same in the FG so if a stone got up there it could take the pickup tip off the sensor or as stated dirty sensor can cause issues.

• Member For: 16y 8m 22d

found the problem it would appear that the gravel had worn through the outer wiring casing shorting 2 wires.Ford were unable to run diagnostics because they were flat out (long weekend )but it was booked to go in tommorrow.Problem solved Thanks All

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 16d

im having the same problem. additionally it takes my brake lights 1 - 5 seconds to turn on which makes driving in traffic interesting. going down this morning to check out brake switch and will pull the wheels off as well to take a look. its annoying the crap out of me.