My Nissan

_John_

• Member For: 13y 5m 30d

Bout 4 and a half years back, I mentioned in a chatroom I`d missed out on a cheap Nissan prarrie ( spell ) the 2 storey pulsar, remember them? I`d wanted to take and leave on a property I visit outwest.

Kid said he had a Nissan Pulsar in his yard, his first car, and as he`d updated to a better car his Mum was saying she wanted it gorn. Said it ran and he wanted $50.

I went into somewhere in Brisbane with a battery and drove it home. It had a pillar mounted tacho, ricer pedal covers, a fairly clean interior, good tyres and near full tank of juice. Winner.

I freshened some stuff up like battery terminal clamps, plugs and some other crap. Put coolant in the radiator maybe changed the oil got a permit and drove it 550 klms out the property.

Time passed, work, sole parenthood etc and its sat there ever since. Station owner said he pumped up the tyres 12 months back but that could be 2 or 3 years. Goats stood on the roof and pushed it down ( not bad ) the bastards ate the aerial. A tree partially fell on it.

Yesterday I went out there for a recce, just an overnighter, took Junior with me so he could sample a sheep and cattle property, had the time of his life.

I viewed the old Pulsar. 3 tyres had air, one flat. I pushed and broke the branches away and popped the bonnet. It wouldn`t budge and I was about the prise it open with a pinch bar when I decided to open it from the front. Presto! it opened.. lol.

The interior looked mint, not mouldy or anything. Stuck the battery in, it turned over, great. Stuck 10 litres of petrol in, pulled the rag out of the snout of the aircleaner, squirted carb cleaner in there and fvck me dead if I`m liein`, as I turned the key it fired, and idled for a few seconds.

I blew back thru the fuel line and then sucked fuel till it appeared at the fuel filter, wound it over and then its purring on the auto choke. Pumped up the flat tyre, drove around to the compressor pumped the others and drove off.

Brakes were fine though need a top up, auto changed perfect and the accellerator pump flawless. I did prepare it slightly for its slumber, I ran the motor with the fuel disconnected till it stalled and put a sun shade on the windscreen. Windows are tinted black as hell.

here`s how I found it

P4191540.jpg

P4191541.jpg

This gave me the most surreal feeling, I took a photo of my youngest son sitting in a truck I drove 30 years ago when I first went out west. It really didn`t look much different then, it was rego`d and I drove it on the road. Q plates.. I sat in that thing dawn till dark and lived in a tent. Character building.

P4191534.jpg