• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

:fishin:

thanks guys :beerchug:

I'm now reporting sellers of xcal1 flash boxes to ebay, I don't care normally but I don't like seeing people get stooged

• 3 weeks later...
  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

generic letter to the seller, posting here so I can copy and paste every time I see one

Do you know that these units are only valid as a paperweight? Capa no longer can tune or unlock these nor can any other tuner in australia. SCT which manufactures these units now deals with herrod only and the version 2 and 3 of this box are available and functional. I assume you were not aware of this and will give you some time to confirm this for yourself. If the item is not removed in 48 hours I will report this to ebay.

Regards

Evert

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 21d

They are not paperweights, nor are they useless. They CAN be cleared and a generic tune added to suit your vehicle upon request from CAPA as they were the original importers/sellers of the Xcal1 box. $100 to clear the box and another $150 for a generic map. :werd:

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Afaik that's illegal, and also part of the reason the xcal1 was shut off.

• Member For: 12y 4m 21d

How do they load a generic tune on to the box when the SCT software has no XCAL1 support?

Call them and ask them...I don't work for CAPA, sorry.

I just stated the fact.

They said they have the license to do it as they were the original importers/dealers when the Xcal boxes come to our shores many years ago and for the sole reason there are still boxes unsold that need to be used.

The average dealer and tuner has no suport for this box, that is correct. But CAPA do :)

Just sayin in case anyone else out there was in the same situation I was in after selling a manual ute in favour of an automatic sedan, and only wanted a generic tune...which I was happy with considering the money I spent, and wanted to re-use my original XCAL1 BOX!!!!!!!!

Edited by YamahaTech