Willowbank

tab

• Member For: 14y 9m 28d

Great to catch up with Daz and Gary out at Willowbank.

Everyoen had a total blast and got plenty of runs in.

There was a pretty solid turnout of late model fords on the night, I beleive we even had more late model fords than late model holdens which was good to see.

More and more people are waking up to the fantastic performance available with the FG Turbos. There were a few totally std FG XR6's there all running very low 13's (like 13.1's.

Gary (G6ET) pulled off a stunning couple fo runs and really showed the potential of these cars with minimal mods. He ran a 12.6 straight up and backed it up on the next pass with a blistering 12.4 second pass.

These figures are mind blowing when you consider his G6Et is TOTALLY stock bar a cooler and pipe kit and a tune.

I took things fairly easy at the start being worried about wheel spin as I was running my car in exactly the same trim that I run it on the street, I didnt even vary the tyre pressures or anything bar taking the loose change out of my centre console LOL.

basicall just driving it off the line I ran a few passes at 12.4 and 120 MPH with very slow 2.1 - 2.1 sec 60ft'ers.

I was amazed at the available traction and on my 5th run decided to try to stall it up a bit on the line and managed a 12.0 @119 mph, the 60ft was still slow at 2.08seconds though. I need a fair bit more practice as even though I stalled it up a little I didnt get the turbo really boosting and still didnt really do the first 1/3 of the track hwo I want to.

Wheel spin was no issue at all so there must be a fair bit more in it when I work out how to get the boost up on the line.

Unfortunately when I backed off at the end of the strip my check engine light came on and when I got the car back to the pits I left it to cool down for a while then tried to start it again only to find the battery was dead flat. LOL Go figure hey? The earth terminal was lose. after borrowing a battery pack to jump the car the engine light was still on so I just checked all the fluids and made sure it was ok mechanically then drove it home.

I didnt have my X3 box with me to check the code but once home I found it had thrown the O2 sensor / enginre running rich code and after talking to Clint today its basically just gone rich at the end of the run where I have closed the throttle to brake. We are going to check the tune over again to make sure there is nothing happening but everything seems prefectly fine today.

I cant wait to get back out soon as Im sure if I can get a 1.8 - 19 sec 60ft happening Ill be looking at mid to high 11's which I will be stoked with considering that its in full street trim (no slicks or removed interior / steroe etc)

So come on you Brisbane turbo drivers DONT BE SOFT COCKS and get out and enjoy that car you have in a safe environment.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3d
:icon_ford: Thanks 2 paul & the elite auto team 4 the cooler install & tune on my G6et, I had a great nite at willowbank heaps of fun great 2 catch up with andrew, mark,& the guys & girls I brought down from the sunnycoast we all had a great time. :beerchug:

post-40067-0-62951900-1304694842_thumb.j

Edited by g6t

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

Is there one happening in July or early August that anyone might be going to. Was looking at going down by myself but if there is a few guys heading down let me know.

• Member For: 13y 6m 7d

Yeah July/August I'll be out again when it's nice and cold. 12.6 previously is my best on BFii in warmer weather with 10psi tune on LPG! :stirthepot: 60's were around 2.1 so I think if I get these down plus more weather coolness a lowish 12 (maybe 12.3 at least) should be do able.

• 11 months later...
  • I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

Anyone reckon they'll be heading out to Willowbank on the 30th of May? I'm gonna be in the area so thought it might be worthwhile just to stop in and have a look at...