Cruise Section Of Forum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 24d

Hey just wondering if it were possible to change the cruise section of the forum to be accessible only to members or better yet donating members?

I only ask because I was just on the Vic Alpine cruise thread and could read everything including the routes and dates in the first post and realised I wasnt logged in and was viewing as a guest!

I could even go as far as reading one of the posts that had links to personal photos of the cruise.

Most info on the forum like tech knowledge etc is ok but this section can sometimes provide very specific info.

what do you think?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

I think thats a good Idea, or better yet go back too the process we used too use in WA where the maps/route where emailed from a forum Email address too members who had asked too be added.

Basically once the date is set the route can be bounced back and foward via email with the group and they each person has a copy they can print and bring with etc etc.

Im not real keen on publishing details/routes either

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 24d

that's a good idea!

Its a personal preference for me, I'm not the Prime Minister or anything and my location is curious to lots of people, I just prefer the anonymity.

I dont like the idea that people can come on here and know what car I drive then know when I'm away for the weekend. I guess its a security thing.

If some little wanker from my suburb cruises through here and recognises my car and knows where I live and then knows I'll be away for the weekend... who knows :dontknow:

Theres plenty of dicks on the internet these days, and not really keen on them having this info.

It would be good if this could extend to member garages and profiles as well

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 10d

We left it open to attract people to the cruises but if the census is to restrict viewing I dont have a problem with it.

Take the Vic night cruise as an example, there would be a 1/4 of the 70 possible participants on the list if it was restricted to DM's.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 4d

I support the idea. Im not too concerned about privacy but would like to see more donating members.