What Mods Have You Done, Or What Do You Think Needs Doing To Your G6Et

2010G6E turbo

• Member For: 13y 5m 5d

Í've never been the type to buy a 50k car and start pulling bits off to spray. Wheels(good ones) lowering and a few mods, no worries. But that's just my opinion. Each to his own. They look good both ways. But you wouldnt do it too a BMW or Audi would you? No matter what people say, it is too be different and stand out. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Just didnt get enough attention as a kid. :roflmbo:

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 27d

2Jl - understand your point. You hammered the clowns in the VE SS with your faster (and better) car - and well done.

But unless you drag every person in Aust at the lights, how is the rest of the population supposed to know that you aren't just driving a poverty-pack XT with fancy wheels? Sort of defeats the purpose of buying a G6 a little bit.

Just my 2c :beerchug:

Edited by CBXRT

• Member For: 12y 11m 30d

Nice Audi, the blacked out bits go with the theme of the car. Luckily everyone has different tastes but when something looks really good, 95% of people agree. Otherwise it would be possible to eventually see Gillard in a bikini for Maxim. Unfortunately I think the blacked out grill does look a bit pov pack, the chrome around the side windows looks out of place now and personally the wheels are more XR than G6E but each to their own. Good on you for being different though and taking criticism. If you put a photo up on the internet you expect different opinions.

• Member For: 13y 5m 5d

post-43211-0-49082800-1307079040_thumb.j

post-43211-0-08473200-1307079059_thumb.j

Lets be honest here fellas, how can you improve on this, apart from lowering it an inch or two? Hey? :dontknow: Please dont mention Grandpa! Im getting a complex. :crybaby:

Oh yeah, the Audi looks tough.

Edited by tuono

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m

Removing the badges and doing that may make it more of a sleeper and actually have less Expensive Daewoo drives or others trying to race you off the lights, apart from the ones that don't keep their mouths shut like mentioned above. And then you can teach em a quick lesson about how looks can be deceiving.

Personally I like it, I think you've done enough but not too much. Nice job. And that Audi looks horn.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

how is the rest of the population supposed to know that you aren't just driving a poverty-pack XT with fancy wheels? Sort of defeats the purpose of buying a G6 a little bit.

Just my 2c :beerchug:

I couldn't care less tbh, I bought it cause it was better value then any equivalent XRT I could find at the time not to try and pretend I'm driving around in and expensive European sports saloon.

I want to make mine stand out from ever other one (and there are heaps) on the road driven by a 60 year old real estate agent or his wife.

I'll just have to wait and see what people think.

• Member For: 12y 11m 30d

Your not standing out from everyone in XT's though Dill. There's lots more Falcon XT's than G6ET's on the road. On my 25 min run to work today 2 XT's with Wheels and P Plates (1 without P Plates) overtook me. But they could have been blacked out G6ET's, im not sure. :stirthepot:

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 27d

Dillz - I totally understand mate. I wasn't talking about the G6 in general at all. I was saying I simply didn't understand the effort to modify a (nice) G6 just to look like a tarted up XT- that's all! :beerchug:

Edited by CBXRT

• Member For: 12y 10m 28d

Why do people modify the looks of their cars? Because they want to.

They want to make THEIR vehicle more of appealing to THEM. I personally would feel as much need to make cosmetic changes to any $500,000 car as I would to a $50,000 Ford, simply because I want my car do be different.

Change your rims, colour code, lower, tint, add or remove decals, flare your guards to make it look like a :Doh: bombadore if it makes YOU happy!

Everyone is going to have their own tastes, there is no right or wrong - if you don't like it, you don't need to apply the same changes to your own vehicle...

One of the great things about these forums is it allows people to share ideas, the what why and how of their own personal touches. And I applaud anyone who is willing to post pictures and subject them to others appreciation or critisism. To these people - Don't worry about what anyone else says, as cjl put it, as long as it puts a smile on YOUR face.