What Mods Have You Done, Or What Do You Think Needs Doing To Your G6Et

2010G6E turbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 12d

Sorry but I think it looks terrible mate, front looks like an XT base model salesman express! Those Bob Jane specials don't do a lot for me either. Obviously this is my opinion but the whole appeal of the G6E Turbo is to make it understated and a little bit classier otherwise you would buy a XR6 Turbo with racerboy rims and tacky stripes. Just my 2c.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Stock G6ET's look like cheap nasty XT's, we're trying to get away from that.

You don't see BMW or Audi throwing half a coat of bunnings silver over the base model grill and trying to pass is off as quality. The silver grills and fog light surrounds ruin these cars, colour coding is an absolute must IMHO.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5d

Stock G6ET's look like cheap nasty XT's, we're trying to get away from that.

You don't see BMW or Audi throwing half a coat of bunnings silver over the base model grill and trying to pass is off as quality. The silver grills and fog light surrounds ruin these cars, colour coding is an absolute must IMHO.

I actually think differently mate. Without the silver grill and foggies they look pretty poor,

Gives it abit of a slick look :)

specially running the quater in 9s :buttrock: lol

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Oh don't get me wrong, I hope most people disagree then mine will stand out.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 27d

Sorry but I think it looks terrible mate, front looks like an XT base model salesman express! Those Bob Jane specials don't do a lot for me either. Obviously this is my opinion but the whole appeal of the G6E Turbo is to make it understated and a little bit classier otherwise you would buy a XR6 Turbo with racerboy rims and tacky stripes. Just my 2c.

Brave first post! And your 2c comment is appreciated, no really, it is..... ;)

And this is the point really. If we all liked the same thing the world would be a pretty boring place.

In my opinion this is understated. Nicely colour coded, slightly lowered, nicely staggered at the rear, no garish silver grills and fog surrounds, no chrome rims screaming ricer, no big over sized G6E TURBO badges which serve no purpose.

It serves me well, as proven to myself by the fact I had some knob jockey's in a VE SS (not paying out on Holden's, that's just what they were driving) pull up beside me at the lights and drop their windows and say "hey w**ker, taking the badges off your XT doesn't make it a turbo!" They were right, taking the badges off doesn't make it a turbo, but having 280rwkw does make it much quicker from the lights than a VE SS.

And the only reason I have the car looking like this is not to impress any person the world. It's so that every day when I walk up to the car it puts a smile on MY face.

And that's that.

CJl...

Edited by cjl