Stage 2 Cams On Bf N/a

willvb

• Member For: 13y 8d

Hi guys its my first day here (hope I posted in the right section !) I just have some questions for you very expirienced folk. Ok here we go, I have an 07 BF mkII in ego and my current setup is:

Intake: XR6T upper snorkel and F6 lower snorkel w/k & n panel filter

Exhaust: wildcat headers (genie brand but not mandrel bent) into a 3" metal core cat to a 2.5" PEX mild catback

I am deciding whether or not to do cams for mainly the sound but also the extra shove :buttrock:

Questions:

1. Will I have to change the current headers? (I am not prepared to do this as it seems like a big waste)

2. This car is my daily driver so will stage 2 crow cams ruin the daily driving expirience? :dontknow:

3. I plan on installing them with a mate who is a second year mechanic just so its done right and then drive it to the tuner, is driving it untuned safe?

4. Finally, will I loose my low end torque, its best noted that I rarely push the car above 5000rmp

5. On on my P's :spoton: so provided I drive safely and well within the road rules (as I currently do) and baby the exhaust around boy's in blue should I pass with flying colours haha?

Cheers guys!

Edited by willvb

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

4 speed/ 6 speed or manual?

1. Neve seen those headers so can't comment.

2&4-Depends how you drive, you will lose alot of low down power, but if you just putt you don't really need heaps of power down low. Probably won't notice it missing with The change in top end. Although only expect 20-30kw.

3. No idea, someone else should know this. Who's tuning it?

5. You can already get done for the headers, which is 3 points. So cams won't make a difference there.

• Member For: 13y 3m 9d

I think the stage 2 crow cams require a stall if in auto.

also, have u looked into if u need to replace valve springs? id look into that if I were you.

also if the car is tuned well I cant see daily driving experience suffer so much a p plater wont put up with it, just some some low down torque.. but a good tune might not be that bad. I dunno.

but mainly I think u should first look into if u need new valve springs or if u need a stall (for auto)

• Member For: 13y 8d

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll give it a miss and do under drives for now as you can't go wrong with them

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 12d

Hey mate I had crow cam stage 2s. Didn't need a stall or change of valve springs.. That with decent tune and I had no problems at all and it was my daily.. 207rwkw was power figure.. Decent set of headers would be the go