Hard To Start

MY ROD GOT OUT

• Member For: 13y 6m 24d

hey again everyone, so a while ago I ran a tank of 95ron as I was out in the bush (had the 95 tune in). I am having problems with the car struggling to start when cold. I used to be able to have no throttle and she'd start fine, but after running 95 through it (at least a month ago now) its really hard to start, (have to give it heaps of throttle to start)..... I have reset tune several times to original 98ron tune but doesnt help (obviously using 98 now). once its warm it starts perfectly every time....... im confused... throttle body was cleaned a few months ago so I dont see it being that.... any help would be great!! thanks everyone

ps

car is bf manual only 47k on clock

• Member For: 13y 2m 4d

have ya tried resetting your TPS ? (Throttle Position Sensor)

crank your engine for about 10 seconds with throttle to the floor (car shouldn't start) then just restart as normal without any throttle.

its a long shot .. but I thought it might be worth the 10seconds to check.

• Member For: 13y 6m 24d

Shouldn't be throttle body or filter as I only had tune done a few months ago and all that was cleaned/replaced. Plugs are ngk iridium that were installed at tune as well.... This has only started since I ran a tank of 95 through it. I might check throttle body again but it runs fine once it's going. Are there any sensors that relate to cold starts????

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

tip it into a clean white bucket ;) if its dirty u will know bout it, they clog pretty easy. if this started happeneing straight after that tank of fuel went through it, I would be lookin in that vicinity. filters are not too $$$ but let us know how ya go :spoton: