Xr6T To Focus Xr5 And Loving It!

PJDXR6t

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

that's weird...

Hey did anyone see Topgear testing that crazy c30 concept? Wonder if whatever is done to that could be done to the XR5?

Link

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d

you can check out all the mods that were done to my old xr5t on the xr5t forum, http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=9874.0 dave put pics up

when they did the build on mine, all up cost was about 10k but that was for everything, all the labour, full custom turbo back exhaust,

custom intercooler and big boost pipe kit, cold air intake kit, custom clutch, quaife lsd, xcal3 flash box and

custom tunes, car made a nice 230fwkw and ran a 12.8 @ 116mph, not bad for fwd and manual!!! but very hard to get off the line

daves car makes 317fwkw and ran a 12.4 @ 122mph on pump fuel, if you do go anywhere else the will just use parts

from the uk, not bad products but nothing like nizpro's gear,

• Member For: 17y 5m 22d

I decided to finally trade in my bf xr6t with round 250rwkw for an 07 xr5t with leather all I can say is I have never had so much fun driving b4 might not be as quick as the xr6t but I cant take the smile off my face when im driving the xr5t awesome car so much more of a drivers car and u can use the power unlike the xr6 half the time having that much power was pointless.... just wondering if any 1 knows of any good places in melb to get a flash tuner for the xr5?(I like the power but a little more would be nice) everytime I google hi po parts for em UK sites always come up

I exactly understand your position. I too ordered a XR5 and I cant wait for the next 2 weeks to go by.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d

half the time having that much power was pointless.... just wondering if any 1 knows of any good places in melb to get a flash tuner for the xr5?(I like the power but a little more would be nice) everytime I google hi po parts for

flash for more power WTF and you just wrote that it was pointless :sleepystuff:

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

The XR5 is a good car mate (if not my thing) but if you increase power in a FWD car you really risk driveability for the sake of speed - the XRT can handle more power, but most fwd cars with power above their limits are dogs to drive.

I'm not saying don't do it, your choice! But remember fwd is always very limited, so sometimes "less is more" in terms of the overall package and stock power can still be the faster/better car in real terms.......

Edited by CBXRT

• 7 months later...