Diff Bush Cause Of Vibration And Knocks Also?

Spoony

• Member For: 13y 6m 14d

I know the diff bush on my BF is getting a bit shagged. However I've also noticed the car developing a sort of 'hummmm'/harmonic vibration, most noticable on deceleration around 40km/hr. I wonder if it could be the diff bush also.

I have read they also can cause knocks/clunks from the back end over bumps when they are on their way out too?

Seems most noticable on bumps that only effect once side/single wheel of the car. Happens on both sides hence why I'm thinking it could also be the diff bush too?

Last time it was on the hoist (8000kms ago) all other bushes looked fine.

I think I'll go the Superpro comfort bush, hopefully it lasts well?

maybe but I don't think so (have felt gone wheel bearings before). It's sort of like a deep resonance through the car as it slows down, or at certain throttle load (on off) etc.

I haven't tried but I don't think it will do it in neutral as it seems more like a engine/drivetrain load thing on decel. You've got me thinking now though, so can see how it goes, brakes, no brakes, in drive, in neutral etc.

cheers.

standard height.

I tested it on the way home, doesn't happen in neutral, so its definately the way drivetrain/suspension is being loaded up by the engine. Not just breaks or a speed related thing

• Member For: 18y 11m 23d

standard height.

I tested it on the way home, doesn't happen in neutral, so its definately the way drivetrain/suspension is being loaded up by the engine. Not just breaks or a speed related thing

Ok that rules 1 thing out at least. A couple of threads last year about lowered T's cut bump stops etc, but it's something else.

Maybe get a once over at a good suspension shop,,,where are you based?

I'm in Brisbane so yeah I think I'll have to get it sussed at a suspension shop. It's still got extended warranty on it, which has been pretty good at covering most stuff. Except they 'set' the value/time to fix the quoted job so ones gotta be careful who you use etc and make sure they are ok using them (they pay quick as though, Swann). I can see them only paying part of bush/whatever but (wear & tear) etc.

Cheers.

• Member For: 13y 5m 26d

My 04 BA Ute has the same thing at 80kph just a slight hummmm on light throttle and goes away when you back off the throttle. My 98 longreach

ute had the same thing but was way louder and ended up being the hard facing on the diff gears wearing off and needed a new diff...hope its

not the same thing.