How To Clean Your Throttle Body

Sh00tme!

• Member For: 15y 1m 4d

What's TPS?

Thanks alot Sh00tme! I now know for sure that this is the same issue I have after much speculation. My revs have dropped below 500 on startup if the engine is warm enough! and also have the a/c idle problem. Is this bad for the car if left for a long time?

Thanks again mate.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Cheers Sh00t,

Awesome little write-up. There has been a ton of threads recently regarding this, so nice work!

With the TPS/Cam phasing reset - I have read replies supporting both sides so I'm not really sure what it means.

I heard the car should not start with foot to the floor while cranking - My car still starts! What does that mean? Is there something wrong?

Cheers guys, hopefully this gets cleared up :spoton:

Dan

• Member For: 13y 2m 4d

What's TPS?

Thanks alot Sh00tme! I now know for sure that this is the same issue I have after much speculation. My revs have dropped below 500 on startup if the engine is warm enough! and also have the a/c idle problem. Is this bad for the car if left for a long time?

Thanks again mate.

I wouldn't think that it would be bad for it (possibly attribute to some poor fuel economy (maybe??)) your body would probably just be totally filthy. it'll drive like a dream after you do it. I'm rekindling my love for mine :icon_ford:

Cheers for the info on the TPS reset (had no idea about it) did mine today :spoton:

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 23d

Cheers Sh00t,

Awesome little write-up. There has been a ton of threads recently regarding this, so nice work!

With the TPS/Cam phasing reset - I have read replies supporting both sides so I'm not really sure what it means.

I heard the car should not start with foot to the floor while cranking - My car still starts! What does that mean? Is there something wrong?

Cheers guys, hopefully this gets cleared up :spoton:

Dan

It Shouldn't start. My BA didnt and my FG doesn't. Could be an issue with your car

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

RHR,

Cheers for that - If it does start, is that a custom tune/engine management issue? As I'm still not sure what that even does, I can't even begin to try to figure out what is wrong.

When I was doing a bit of research when my car was acting up, a number of T owners said that their cars also started when they tried the above...

:dontknow: Bugger...

Thanks guys,

Dan

• 1 year later...