Is The Falcon Going The Way Of The Dodo?

PookeyMaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 9d

what about the 50th ann models against sv6 and ss. If ya didn't buy a XR50T over an SS at the time that would have been stupid IMO. The value was awesome.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could not have said it better myself, and yes I am biased (still with a massive grin :) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d

ford have just annouced 200 jobs to be slashed, otherwise sacked. blaming petrol prices aussie's don't want big cars, bullsh*t. look at the commordore. still belive within five years no more falcons at all. they came tenth in the new car sales last month with only 1500 cars. gonna put the T on bricks could be worth huge money in 20 years. :roflmbo:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Hey champ - noone's getting sacked, as in the last downbalance all those leaving will be from voluntary redundancies (packages).

Its not bullsh*t that people don't want large cars - the proof is right here. Might be better put as people don't want large fords. Or only Expensive Daewoo loyalists want large cars. Every other (imported) ford is selling well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d

bunna, really are all fords selling well, focus maybe once or twice in top ten cars,same for fiesta,and the territory. go to drive the diesel territory 140 kws in a suv that weighs 2 tonne. from what I have been told will take 4 to five years to get the savings back. now that diesel is on par price wise with unleaded. trust me I love my fords as you know brother inlaw works there to. don't want him losing his job, not because he will struggle, it's so I don't lose his employee discount on a new car. and what a bloody good discount it is I must say.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

The 2.7 came out when Ford had some cash in rover. The first 3. Pfhht

And it will show against a modern oil burner. My in-laws 3.0 in his disco 4 just smashes the old 2.7 in every way. Same as the 4 is light years ahead of the 3. You can tell it was just plain better engineered by BMW then what Ford did with the 3

Seriously don't think they did enough in the terry to get it to sell well. So I am hoping they are not banking on it.

9 to10 lt per 100k's in an oil burning terry on the highway sucks. I am doing 70% highway and the rest around town in my FG and getting 9.4

Ford people blame the dealers. Dealers blame Ford. Seriously WTF. Get your act together and stop wasting our time with crap.

If you build the right car we will buy it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d

How many diesels do you think Ford would sell if it cost $10000 more than the petrol? 3.0 is MUCH more expensive than the 2.7. An you can't compare your falcon fuel consumption with territory. Territory is 300 kg heavier and has aerodynamic efficiency of a house. Wait until someone does a proper comparison between a diesel and petrol and you'll see what the real difference is.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

How many diesels do you think Ford would sell if it cost $10000 more than the petrol? 3.0 is MUCH more expensive than the 2.7. An you can't compare your falcon fuel consumption with territory. Territory is 300 kg heavier and has aerodynamic efficiency of a house. Wait until someone does a proper comparison between a diesel and petrol and you'll see what the real difference is.

The fact that it costs more is not really the point. Using 9's to 10 per 100k's on a flat highway run @ a smooth 100k's in a diesel is not good economy. Nor financial success.

The Terry is going into the hottest selling market at the mo. And to sell it has to be as good as the competition . Cause Ford PR ain't gunna help it sell.

Walk through the pits at any Moto GP or F! and most of the spanners are Aussie. We have the knowledge and the passion. Why cant we build the cars to a world std. Why cant we set the std.

Dunno mate but by trade I am a chef. Same ingredients can come out like magic or crap.

Sorry just sick of hearing excuses as to why. Would rather hear solutions to how.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d

We can't build cars to world standard because we don't have the budget, ford sells their sh*t to AU and NZ only a market of some 25 odd million people.

BMW, Mercedes, VW, Toyota ETC sell their cars pretty much to the entire world and can spend a lot more on R&D.

Now the key to success is export, and to export we need better cars. But to get better cars we need a lot bigger budgets which we can only get from exporting. Circle of doom it seems...