Vibration 80Kmh To 100Kmh

FastR1Red

• Member For: 18y 11m 23d

This is soooo tricky I haven't been ablt to put my finger on it yet.

Tyres are Falkens done about 10,000km

Wheels balanced just 2 weeks ago and all good.

Here's the issue and I hope someone may be able to help.

I can take off quite ok hit 110kmh no probs no vibrations, then just cruising along the freeway at 100kmh the vibes start lightly then get stronger and stronger. I back off to 80 still the same, so have to stop. I take off again and it's gone, but just cruising for a few minutes at 90-100kmh then it starts again.

Tyre pressures are all even have been recommended to use 42psi and it is still the same.

Now this doesn't happen all the time, I can go for a blast through the Black Spur and as I'm cornering and putting pressure on all corners it doesn't do it, it's only when the road is real smooth and the resonance starts.

It's been happening for a few weeks and no one seems to know.

Wheel bearings also feel fine, had the car on the hoist and can't see anything.

Would appreciate any help.

CHeers

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d

Have you changed the lower inner control arm bushes? The rubber ones become very soft over about 80,000k's and could be contributing to this issue

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 25d

I know this might sound like a pain in the ass and might be hard to do,but when it happens,gently pull over,jack up one of the front corners and see how hard it is to spin the front wheel. If you cant see yourself doing that,just gently pull over and see how hard it is to push the car in Neutral.If its tight then I dare say your brakes are dragging and causing this. It is very common and usually the Booster is at fault.

• Member For: 18y 11m 23d

I know this might sound like a pain in the ass and might be hard to do,but when it happens,gently pull over,jack up one of the front corners and see how hard it is to spin the front wheel. If you cant see yourself doing that,just gently pull over and see how hard it is to push the car in Neutral.If its tight then I dare say your brakes are dragging and causing this. It is very common and usually the Booster is at fault.

Funny you say that, I ended up putting coilovers in it as well as Superpro bushes and it fixed the problem, but what I've found is that now the front brakes ARE dragging.

So you reckon it's the booster? Would it be internal or something I can fix myself?

It seems to happen only when the car gets hot like driving around city traffic.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 14d

Im finding with my car I get brake shudder after the car has been driven for a bit on the freeway, at first no shudder but after some driving then the shudder appears. Im trying to put my finger on my issue too instead of just trying to throw money at it and hope its fixes it.

Out of curiousity whats the booster assembly worth to change? just for a reference in case I find I need to do mine.

Adam

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d

When I brake from say higer speeds 80-100kms it shudders, if I brake hard from the same speeds it doesnt..Also I've noticed when I drive next to cars and have my windows down I can hear a woosh...woosh.. in time with the wheels spinning. The first issue sounds like brake shudder, but after reading this thread could the wooshing sound be the brakes dragging?