Laptop Wanted

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d

My 4 yr old laptop that I have been using for doing website updates and editing the site has decided to die. Motherboard will cost more than what the machine is worth.

So i am asking any members out there who may have a machine < 2yrs old that they have either upgraded to a newer model and don't want anymore or may be interested in selling to the site as a cheap price or donating it to the site as a donation.

Either that or I may try and raise the funds through donations to purchase a newish <$700 one.

Anything is appreciated.

Cheers & Thanks

Chris

• Member For: 15y 4m 17d

Chris.

I believe you are located in Sydney I don't have a spare laptop otherwsie you would be welcome to it. Does it have to be a laptop???. If no-one on the forum can spare one there is a weekend computer market each Sunday in Sydney at North Rocks Public School where you can pick up pretty good 2nd hand units for a few hundred bucks. Some even come with warranty. Might be a good option if you can't get one off the forum. Good luck.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d

Thanks Pete. Greatly appreciated. I work for HP and get a generous staff discount, however I thought it might be worth a try instead of the site forking out to buy something purely for this purpose. I do have desktops to do the work, however not always the easiest especially when most things are done late at night and its easier to do it sitting on a couch or in the room, rather than sitting at a desk.