One For The Experts....

trancemaasta

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d

Hi,

I'm flat out stumped.

Car = BF MKII 2007 XR6T, only F6 intake done.

Usage = 200km's per day during the week, half @ 110kph, other half traffic light rubbish.

Style of driving = Hard but attuned to the cars bad sounds and clunks, push it hard but if it feels "bad" I don't do it again....

Symptoms = Selecting Drive or 1st and 2nd in Sports mode when stationary I have a massive vibration throughout the hole car. If I select Neutral it seems to me like it sounds and feels like a shaft with something around it just slightly touching it and making an annoying quite sound and vibration, very slightly noticed but nonetheless annoying.

I don't have any slippage between gears. I have serviced the car every 10,000km's or less with Ford and had the diff oil replaced @ 30,000 and only use Fully Synthetic Oil.

Car pulls hard in First and when I stall it up a little the noise and vibration goes away.

I have this sinking feeling my box is fried!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts?

I specifically didn't do any mods to this car so I could smash it a bit and not "break" things.

If it is the box, ill be changing cars.... Ford Forums was the main reason for getting this type of car and box....

Thanks in advance if anyone can help...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d

Sorry about the wait in response, absolutely swamped @ work.

Thanks for the replies, calmed me a little. :)

Ill post back the answer when I get a chance, flying all around the place atm so won't be able to update for a few weeks.

How would I, not a mechanic, but pretty handy on the tools check these two items?

Thanks

• Member For: 18y 10m 20d

To test the mounts put your foot on the brake in drive and give the engine a few revs.If the engine rocks to one side your mounts are stuffed,as for the vibration all I can suggest is get the vehicle on a hoist or similar and just poke around with the engine running to isolate the noise,usually the exhaust heat shield.