G6Et Ok For The Wife?

crazyxa

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 10d

Wife drove mine for the first time the other day, she usually drives around in a Expensive Daewoo Cruze 1.8 Petrol which has to be one of the most underpowered cars I've had a the misfortune of having to drive. The G6ET isn't a monster unless you want it to be, she had no problem keeping it tamed and I was happy to chuck her the keys when she wanted to take some of her friends for a drive the other day.

I agree with the "just go buy one" comments the wife will love it and you'll get to enjoy it when she lets you behind the wheel (I'm lucky my wife doesn't like driving much otherwise I reckon I'd struggle to keep her out of the drivers seat).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 3m 23d

crazyxa, as some people pointed out, and as pointed out by hrick, if the right foot floors it, expect it to slip out a little in the rain. I wouldn't think the wife would do that, and as such, as a daily driving car, I'd say it'll be a good choice to go for. I've had the other half drive my FG XR6T, and they drove it pretty moderately, keeping it under 3,000 revs at the majority of the time, and thus, didn't even feel the turbo spool enough to get that "whip lash" effect you usually get from these sorts of cars.

Go for the G6E Turbo, it's definitely worth spending that bit extra for it, as it'll be a controllable car for the missus, and a nice rider for when you get to drive it.

Edited by Arkayne