gassit

Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

Bloosted that's a serious shed...I think most blokes would trade there partners for a shed like that...Very nice.. Bet you have plenty of mates who love using that hoist...:beerchug:

that's the only reason we talk to him :roflmbo::roflmbo:

in the short time that hoist has been in its done some work everything from a barina to a xy if its there u just gotta use it even if its just for a look :buttrock:

and on the up side daz buys all the tools we just get to use em and theres farkn everything in that shed just need to install the chrome spinning pole :roflmbo:

and the dyno I keep recomending :bowdown:

Bloody thread got my tool fetish fired up again... went and got a set of Alden spanners after work friday!

Doubt ill use them anytime soon, but I think they will have a use one day worth their money in gold.

I got my Blue Point prices off the wrong web page :(

I go to the AU one and they ain`t there! I rang Snap on`s 1800 number and the lady gimme the local rep`s number, had a chat to him.

He reckons the Blue Point sets I require are 250 odd each ( over 500 total ) and in his words: not the same as it was and not what he`d reccommend to anyone as a " good " spanner.

I think the A/F kit alone from Snap on is over 800 bucks.

Sooooooo, I trolled some tool forums and I`m now in negotiation to purchase some SK brand spanners. American made since 1920, look noice and they come in a clip.

The Blue Point Aluminium shifter I wanted for the one AN fitting I have was 70 bills on the US site, cha ching its 140 here.

It can stop there. For now..

Bloody thread got my tool fetish fired up again... went and got a set of Alden spanners after work friday!

Doubt ill use them anytime soon, but I think they will have a use one day worth their money in gold.

Did you get the Alden spanners of ebay, I'm kinda keen for the metric roll of their spanners.

You wouldn`t think, that buying a nice set of combo spanners would suck balls like it has.

SK tools went leg up and some other mob bought them, I dunno if that's why no one stocks the ones I want. ARSE!!!

So I went back to the KC Tools set I loike in the foam tray and that's $537:24... Which is out there.. But it is the Profession line and they seem nice. sigh.

I`m gonna look at these Alden ones now, are they any good?

If I buy those KC jobbies, I`d just want to buy all the other foam trays with tools.

Nah john,im talking air tools... I have the cordless snap on 18v drill and snap on 18v rattle gun also but they are for home. The cordless rattle gun is pretty bloody strong. I check over the wheelnuts with a bar after normal tightening with the cordless and they are always bloody tight. Bought a camera bore scope 2 weeks ago,its a bloody wicked little toy. We had a Terry Turbo come in with engine rattle just off idle,traced it down to number 5 cyl by disconnecting injectors. Looked down the plug hole with the camera and found a piece of piston top missing on the thrust side lol. Little pissa payed for itself already...

Did you get the Alden spanners of ebay, I'm kinda keen for the metric roll of their spanners.

Nah got them from a local Bearing shop, they were in their tradies catalogue.

Their a USA brand, Bowman & something.... possibly ?? lol... Ive seen the same stuff used at work and it all seems great. $65 for 10-17mm set

Picked up a set of these the other day: Craftsman Open-Ended ratchet spanners

I thought they would be handy for getting to those hard to reach turbo to manifold bolts - changing the turbo maybe tomorrow, so I'll let you know how they go - not expecting too much from them, but for $35 from bunnings I won't be greatly dissapointed!

I finally found place with online sales for the spanner set I like. $554.24 including postage. Merrrr I thought.. They had " cheapest prices!!!! " in their ad and that always tells me they are the dearest..

I emailed my local outlet for these tools ( they don`t have any on display, arse ) they came back with $377.50.

It`s only 177 bucks difference!

I might go with Larry Local and get some other stocking fillers with the change.

Nyoink!

Picked up a set of these the other day: Craftsman Open-Ended ratchet spanners

I thought they would be handy for getting to those hard to reach turbo to manifold bolts - changing the turbo maybe tomorrow, so I'll let you know how they go - not expecting too much from them, but for $35 from bunnings I won't be greatly dissapointed!

Bugger you, Pat. Now I`ll look for those at Bunnings this Thursday if I go and buy a 9 drawer top box for me trolley.

Shifters.. I used shifters a bit at work. Ya old Sand plant aint rocket surgery.. I`ll tell anyone who will listen I don`t like Kincrome or Sidcrome shifters. They`re too " good " as in the are too precise, you wanna shellack something like an inch and a quarter nut tight and the shifter does`nt have that bit of slack in the jaw to allow you to lay ya ears back and go with it, if you have a lot of spare thread to cover before it tightens.. Mostly the cheaper ones work better, I`m talking 12 - 15 inch shifters. However if I can get my cordless rattle gun on it, I`ll use that.

However I used an AM Pro shifter, I think it was 10 or 12 inch, up at the workshop while I was poly welding some pipes and hooly dooly it was awesome. It was just so nice to use.

I have some ancient Sidcrome shifters, small to medium, and they are way better than the new ones in terms of quality. lol I have a lil one that I`d kill who ever took it.. I`ve had it for decades.

I always wanted a Sidcrome 18 inch shifter. 20 years ago they were 180 bucks or something really stupid. But they were the ducks guts back then, fully chromed and all.

Not sure I have a favourite tool anymore, used to be this moth eaten 1/2 inch 9/16th`s Sidcrome open ender when I had Valiants. Always used it no matter what it seemed.

I do like the lil 10 mm Kincrome ratchet spanner I bought yonks ago, hard not to use that on top of the motor. But I have a full set of A/F and Metric ones now. The single 10mm can live in my trinkets drawer..

Whats your fave spanner for whatever reason? Also, show your trinkets and gadjets!

Jesus I think we'd better find you a support group.

My name is John and it's two days since I purchased my last tool

I'll try to take a couple pics of the homemade and favourite ones for ya, but me bloody bottle jack has gone missing today easiest thing to make but I still hope I find it.

I still think I'll go the aldens over the craftsman open enders.

Those Alden ratchet spanners do look decent and shut up anyway, Trent. I went to Glenfords today I didn`t buy anythink..

But I did break a few road laws and perhaps one or 2 of natures laws to get there at 4:57pm before they shut.

I have a home made shifter here some place, I`ll take a pic of that.

Edited by _John_

I have gone with the bahco shifters nice to use

I like the kincrome 1's though as they let u screw pass the supporting egde so u can go wider

Fav tool with have to be my 1/2 snappy impact gun

I love the gadget type tools. Just excercised my Bunnings vouchers on some Craftsman open ended ratchet spanners.3541279_7138427_trimmed.jpg

These things are awesome :pleasantry: