Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 3m 27d

I bought a Sidchrome kit and have been really happy with it. The only real difference between Kincrome and Sidchrome is the way the metal is tempered.

The Kincrome are a softer metal, and will 'bend' and will lose its shape if u apply excessive force, whereas the Sidchrome will snap as they are harder and more brittle...

I am pretty sure both brands come with a life time replacement warrenty anyway, they will replace it with a brand new spanner/socket etc. except if u lose it...

Edited by Mr Man

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

If you do not use Tools a lot, then I would get the SuperTool brand from supercrap auto as a good starting point.

I have heaps of Sidcrome and Snapon brands in the toolbox and bought some Supertool extras. I must say they are very good quality for the price. They fit well and also are strong.

I bought a whole 96 piece 1/2" socket set for the cost of one sidchrome 1/2" rachet.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
I'd rather buy something that I know is accurate and is going to last rather than have something cheap that will get you by.

Bear in mind that a torque wrench is only as accurate as the last time it was calibrated.... :spoton:

i cant go wrong with kincrome, every "tool" out there has a good and a bad story but i figure for the price u cant go wrong...

compared to sumthing like "snap on" u can buy 3 kincrome sets for 1 of snap on... good quality yes but hardly worth the cash their asking for their gear!!

Very true but the quality of Snap On has pulled me out of the sh*t many a time. Nuthin will touch a rusted half seized rounded off bolt like a Snap On flank drive...and i'd sell me missus before i'd give um my 36" 3/8 drv Snap On transmission extension...worth its weight in gold..! :spoton:

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

I love tools. I obviously always had tools, but when I was younger and a bit busted arse broke I had crap cast off scrounged stuff. As I`ve gotten older and somewhat more affluent I`ve bought better stuff. I do not need snap on gear as nice as it is, if I spend say, 600 hundred bucks I want more than a ratchet and a couple sockets. But that's just me. I just can`t justify it, I don`t use them every day . I have a bit of everything, Kincrome is selectively okay, the sockets are good I find that their spanners, unless you go premium to be a bit dull. I actually have a superworks ( supercheap ) set of spanners that are very much good enough for me. Shiney too. I like shiney.

Anyway as you`d expect, I pack a lot into a toolbox. Lolz I weighed the last one, it had 42kg of tools in it. Little wonder when I went to grab it not long ago I reeled back staring quizzically at the handle in my hand. I decided, a man of my standing needs, nay, DESERVES a tool cabinet trolly. I looked around a bit, the Calibre ones at Superrice are quite good, and Orange, but were not on special at this time. If they had of been I beleive I may have bought one. So, I went looking, Repco had some so so gear, I sauntered over to my favourite Kincrome outlet: my local Bunnings. Always, every day of the week, cheaper Kincrome than anyone. As per usual it was packed to the rafters, kids getting faces painted, old local codgers bludging from the suasage sizzle and Asians double parking their Kia`s outside and loading sheets of gyprock on the roof.

I found a nice 7 drawer roller cabinet and eventually snared the last one in stock ( in a box anyway, I didn`t fancy haggling for the floor display one ) for $420. I threw it on me ute and brought it home. I immediately loaded it up, then apllied the first decals and took foters of it. I now realise I need more tools, the add on top box and more decals.

Any man who doesn`t love tools possibly has the wrong hormones in `im.

CopyofP2131512.jpg

Edited by _John_

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

:bowdown:

Used to be like a friggin bowerbird with tools...but since owning new vehicles instead of old crap boxes just use one spanner and the oil filter gripper thingo and the rest are buried in the garage somewhere. :blush:

So have you got any plans for it John? Lowered? Intake mods?