Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Member For: 13y 5m 8d

Picked up a set of these the other day: Craftsman Open-Ended ratchet spanners

I thought they would be handy for getting to those hard to reach turbo to manifold bolts - changing the turbo maybe tomorrow, so I'll let you know how they go - not expecting too much from them, but for $35 from bunnings I won't be greatly dissapointed!

Bugger you, Pat. Now I`ll look for those at Bunnings this Thursday if I go and buy a 9 drawer top box for me trolley.

Shifters.. I used shifters a bit at work. Ya old Sand plant aint rocket surgery.. I`ll tell anyone who will listen I don`t like Kincrome or Sidcrome shifters. They`re too " good " as in the are too precise, you wanna shellack something like an inch and a quarter nut tight and the shifter does`nt have that bit of slack in the jaw to allow you to lay ya ears back and go with it, if you have a lot of spare thread to cover before it tightens.. Mostly the cheaper ones work better, I`m talking 12 - 15 inch shifters. However if I can get my cordless rattle gun on it, I`ll use that.

However I used an AM Pro shifter, I think it was 10 or 12 inch, up at the workshop while I was poly welding some pipes and hooly dooly it was awesome. It was just so nice to use.

I have some ancient Sidcrome shifters, small to medium, and they are way better than the new ones in terms of quality. lol I have a lil one that I`d kill who ever took it.. I`ve had it for decades.

I always wanted a Sidcrome 18 inch shifter. 20 years ago they were 180 bucks or something really stupid. But they were the ducks guts back then, fully chromed and all.

Not sure I have a favourite tool anymore, used to be this moth eaten 1/2 inch 9/16th`s Sidcrome open ender when I had Valiants. Always used it no matter what it seemed.

I do like the lil 10 mm Kincrome ratchet spanner I bought yonks ago, hard not to use that on top of the motor. But I have a full set of A/F and Metric ones now. The single 10mm can live in my trinkets drawer..

Whats your fave spanner for whatever reason? Also, show your trinkets and gadjets!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Jesus I think we'd better find you a support group.

My name is John and it's two days since I purchased my last tool

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

I'll try to take a couple pics of the homemade and favourite ones for ya, but me bloody bottle jack has gone missing today easiest thing to make but I still hope I find it.

I still think I'll go the aldens over the craftsman open enders.

Those Alden ratchet spanners do look decent and shut up anyway, Trent. I went to Glenfords today I didn`t buy anythink..

But I did break a few road laws and perhaps one or 2 of natures laws to get there at 4:57pm before they shut.

I have a home made shifter here some place, I`ll take a pic of that.

Edited by _John_

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

I love the gadget type tools. Just excercised my Bunnings vouchers on some Craftsman open ended ratchet spanners.3541279_7138427_trimmed.jpg

These things are awesome :pleasantry: