Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

I own a fair bit of snap off tools and cant say that its all worth the money. Their impact sockets are soft as butter and wear out quickly and their double hex sockets are pretty poor for the price too. I love my 1/2 in and 3/8 Snap on rattle guns,definately my favourite toys. Only downside is if someones got a tight bolt etc they always want to borrow. Other 2 of my most favourite tools are my Snap on 3/8 and 1/4 in swivel round head ratchets. Best ratchets ive ever owned and I even bought another pair for home. Snap on pry bars are good,their long double ring long spanners and their flank drive ring and open end spanners are also sh*t hot. Snap on multimeter is ok I guess but was a bit pricey really. The comp guage set and cooling system pressure tester kit are also 2 of my favourites. All up I reckon my tools would have to be worth 30gs including cab and chest. I hate borrowing other peoples tools and hate using workshop supplied tools as most of the time they are f*cked or lost,so I started buying my own specialty tools such as Multimeter,comp guage set,tap and die set,cooling system pressure tester,battery tester,gas soldering iron,verniers,dials etc.. Atleast we can claim it all on tax I guess.

• Member For: 13y 5m 7d

You`re not the first person I `ve seen comment on the impact sockets.

Are we talking cordless rattle guns?

I have a Milwaukee 28 volt rattle gun that has been to hell and back. I use it mainly for rattling off Victaulic joins on sand pipes, its served me well for over 3 years and spent easter out in the pouring rain after some putz left it out.

I also have a 28 volt cordless drill by the same maker and I`ve pizzled it. lol it will have 2 guys putting weight on it to drive tek screws into thick plate or rusty sh!t. Or my size 11 foot..

The rattle gun is getting tired, if I use the brand new battery they got me it has some of the grunt it once had.

The boss has an 18 volt Milwaukee rattle gun it it`d snap off wheel studs I reckon, its mighty. I hope I get one of those when mine dies..

Edited by _John_

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Heres my tools,

kad-kredit.jpg

There amazing, I just give one to the right person and sh*t gets fixed...

stirthepot.gif

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Bloosted that's a serious shed...I think most blokes would trade there partners for a shed like that...Very nice.. Bet you have plenty of mates who love using that hoist...:beerchug:

that's the only reason we talk to him :roflmbo::roflmbo:

in the short time that hoist has been in its done some work everything from a barina to a xy if its there u just gotta use it even if its just for a look :buttrock:

and on the up side daz buys all the tools we just get to use em and theres farkn everything in that shed just need to install the chrome spinning pole :roflmbo:

and the dyno I keep recomending :bowdown: