Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

There are other brands that are just as good as snap-on, maybe not as shiny, but they dont have the name part of the price attached.

At work most of us have about 18-20kg in the 500mm length fold out boxes, (3 tiers) the rest we get out from the tool store as we need it. Means we can travel bit easier but if we need the special tooling for an away trip we have to try and figure what we need and take it. Or suffer delays waiting for the tooling to be sent when it next can.

Having a hoist is fantastic, mates dad just built new place with a 20X12m shed kitted with hoist and all. I could seriously live in there who needs a house when ya have that.

• Member For: 13y 5m 7d

I have the same 1/4 to 33/8 set and it is a dam good set

would be nice if the top quality tools brand did sets like them

Every time I look at that 1/4 - 3/8 set I say exactly that, Trav!

I bought a 1/4 - 3/8 set I dunno, I still had my XR600 so it was in the early 90`s. In a plastic moulded box, it was cheap.. Maybe 40 bills?

I still have it and I`ve used it on every thing I own. I used to leave it on the table out on the patio with an embarressment set of $14.99 Indian ring open enders that appear to be cast from Luncheon suasage and painted silver frost for when you just wanna swap a battery over or adjust a throttle cable or something light and easy and can`t be arsed to go up the shed or whatever.

That socket set is at work now and basically I use it to fix loose radiator style clamps and light stuff.

Just goes to show you.

But both my Kincrome sets are plenty good enough for a weekend warrior.

Slightly left of topic, but what happened to 11/16`s spanners?? Kincrome sets rarely have them. Same with 13/16`s.. My Superworks ( Calibre now I think ) doesn`t have them either. I hadda buy a furdeen sixteenfs separate.

I reckon I will buy a set of Blue Point combo spanners though, and pension my Superworks set off to the patio.

I spent wayyy too much today on lots of stuff, kids will caused most it with growing and needing shoes and what not.

But I did blast some dough on a set of Kincrome ratchet spanners, Metric and A/F.. ooooooh shiney.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

Slightly left of topic, but what happened to 11/16`s spanners?? Kincrome sets rarely have them. Same with 13/16`s.. My Superworks ( Calibre now I think ) doesn`t have them either. I hadda buy a furdeen sixteenfs separate.

Metrification, bit like trying to get a 5/16 BSF Unbrako they've gone the way of the dodo.

true dat Dags.

It sh!ts me to tears when I ask the kid who works with me on the plant for a 9/16`s spanner and he goes aww that's 14mmm and hands me that..

Don`t get me started on anologue clocks and kids inabilty to read them...

• Member For: 14y 7m 21d

lmao I was the same when I started well not converting

We never use imperial at school the's days

N 90% of our work is in imperial

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 12d

Imperial pfft. Im 38 and refused to deal in it! 13/16th's listen to it. It is confusing and definately an inferior measurement scale. Just wish the yanks would admit it : ) Never buyin' a harley for that reason alone :innocent:

The only snap on bit of gear I have is a 1/4" torque wrench with extention never missed a beat, next to useless to me now with no dirt bikes but I enjoy it's presence :bowdown:

Metric is the shizzle fo sho. it`s easy. It`s like a digital watch, you don`t need to think. lol.. I started school and soon there after Australia changed to metric. I grew up with both. Things I worked on and even now, are both.

Although I`m glad I was never a draughtsman or whatever dealing 32nd of inches and Christ knows what.

An Inch is a bit. A 16th is a tad, thousands are bee`s dicks. that's a conversion for youse... and that.